Chapter 14

Slowly I start to wake up. 

"Mmm. Bacon," I mumble as the smell hits my nose. I notice Roman is no longer next to me. I climb out of bed and make my way to the bathroom. After I use the bathroom, I wash my hands and then brush my teeth before heading into the kitchen. As I walk into the kitchen I see Roman talking to my mom. They're standing next to the stove. 

"Yeah. Just like that," Roman says as he shows my mom something. 

"What are you two doing?" I ask. 

"Oh honey. Good morning. Roman here was showing me how to make breakfast," my mom says happily. 

"Oh. Cool," I say sitting at the table. Roman walks over with two plates. Each one has two over easy eggs, two strips of bacon and a piece of toast. 

"This is for you," he says and slides me my plate. Then he sits down with his own plate.

After breakfast the two of us go into the living room. Roman turns on the TV while I lay on the couch. 

"What do you want to watch baby?" he asks. I sit up enough for him to sit down then I lay my head in his lap. 

"Anything is fine," I tell him. He turns on my favorite show Criminal Minds and leans back. After a minute of us watching it I open my mouth to ask him if he isn't sure he wants to watch something else. However when I look up I notice that he seems rather into the show so I close my mouth. I get more comfortable and watch the show. 

"Are you for real?" he asks when the episode finishes. I smile softly with amusement at his reaction to the cliffhanger.

We watch TV for a few hours. Soon my mom comes out of her room. 

"I'm off to work. Bye honey. Bye Roman," my mom says walking out the front door. Finally. Roman stands up. 

"I'm just getting some water," he tells me. 

"Okay," I say and sit down. After a couple minutes he comes back with a glass of water. He sits down and I reposition myself so I'm sitting on his lap. I reach over for the remote and press pause on the TV. 

"Want to do something else?" he asks. I smile and lean in close. 

"Yes," I say and kiss him. He kisses me back and slowly his soul turns dark pink. That isn't only thing telling me he's in the mood either. My soul is also dark pink. His hands go under my shirt and he pulls me closer by my waist. My hands tangle in his hair. 

"Oh fuck," I gasp when he moves his hands to squeeze my behind. He takes the chance to slip his tongue into my mouth.

Just as things are getting good my doorbell rings. 

"You've got to be fucking kidding me," I say as I pull away. We both stand up and Roman goes back to the bathroom. 

"This better be fucking impor-" I say as I open the door. As soon as the door opens I see Caleb crying into Ethan's shoulder. 

"Sorry about just coming over without letting you know," Ethan says with a pained look. 

"Don't even worry about it. What happened?" I ask as I pull them both inside. We all go into the living room and the two sit on the couch. Caleb is sitting with his head down and Ethan looks scared to touch him. I stay standing up. Roman comes out of the bathroom and comes to stand next to me. Ethan goes on to explain how Caleb came over to his house today to meet his dad. Things were apparently going well until Ethan's mom came home early.

She started yelling at Ethan and Caleb about how they were disgusting faggots who were going to burn in hell. She said a lot of other hurtful things too. Caleb, not being used to yelling, started crying softly. Ethan told off his mom and his dad backed him up saying that Ethan was their son. Then his parents started fighting. Ethan took Caleb and left. Caleb wasn't calming down so he brought him over here to be around friends.