CHAPTER IX

" Hey, how fast does your Chevy go from 0-60?" I hit my car door shut with a bang as I kiss my teeth. I look around our new location. Because you never race on the same track twice.

" 3.5 should be. Why?" Carson starts to laugh as he points towards someone by his side as the man scoffs and rips out 30 bucks from his back pocket before leaving.

" Did you just earn money from my car's speed?" I place my hand on his shoulder before he throws his head back laughing and nodding. I have always enjoyed the sound of his laugh. He neer truly laughs.

" Oh come on, it surprises people. And I need the 30." I roll my eyes.

" For what?" He gives me a cheeky smile before answering.

" For strippers, y'all ain't cheap." I hit his shoulder and shook my head, I saw Jonathan and he smiled while nodding my way as if he was proud of my race. I give him a nod back before I stop to ask. Would Maxence be?

" Logan Dylorche! " French yells into the microphone and I'm surprised when the black beauty makes it's a way to the starting line. Why isn't Shawn riding his car? Logan reps it once and twice, then starts to wait for his racer. As he shows up, the crowd goes silent, it all buzzes back when his opponent arrives in a Honda.

The Porsches screams clearly roaring louder than the Hondas and soon some start to cough because of the smoke created. As everyone desperately swipes the smoke away from their faces and turns to look at the time board. We feel the tension rise, everybody is taking in a breath and everybody is stunned by the numbers we see.

The acceleration speed was 0-100kph in 2.6 seconds.

Everyone in our group starts jumping, Jasmine is amazed and the fog is starting to dial down. Carson throws himself on me, hugging and jumping as I stand still and stare. The buzzing is back, my ears are numb. Everyone makes noises and I can't hear.

2.6 seconds is incredible. 2.6 seconds is amazing and jaw-dropping. I knew the Porsche 918 Spyder had incredible performance but 2.6 seconds is two blinks of an eye.

Ryan's laughing and hitting Carson in a brotherly manner, but my eyes are glued on the Porsche, making its way back to the parking lot, it's headlight shining and I feel like a deer.

He slows down, parks next to some supercars in the back, and my car looks incredibly dull and boring in front of his monster. Pressing out of the car I hear multiple cheers from fangirls as Logan turns around to look at some of them, raising his hands and walking through them, as if they meant nothing to him.

He soon reaches a pack of boys. Declan, Marcel, Shawn, and a girl. The other girls don't dare to follow him anymore when he reaches his friends. Why? Who is he?

Declan seems beyond mad and about to snap again and I can't take my eyes off of the black-haired boy once more as he runs after Logan.

" Did you see that? " Carson comes running up behind me, jumps and lands in front of me, looking amazed and happy. Genuinely happy.

" Yeah, who didn't," I mutter under my breath. I look back at the starting line, to see un-familiar racers starting their engines. A Mazda and a BMW 350d racing against one another.

" I mean, damn. What a natural beauty. So dark and mysterious."

I scoff and smile as I look at the time board as the winner car got a 4.5.

" You can say that again." I answer and nod." How much do you think it costs?" I ask

" Could be around 50thousand maybe more, considering his ratings. And based on the marketing." I nod.