Chapter 43

Sumedha POV

"Interesting. Zeraora will only listen to your command," scowled a man who's face was hidden in the shadows. Sumedha didn't move. She only stared at him with tired eyes. "C'mon Zeraora, use spark," grunted the man. Zeraora refused to move as it stood still, eyes filled with fury.

"Darn you! Steelix, iron tail!" bellowed the man as the giant steel snake roared as it lunged with a glowing silver tail and smacked Zeraora senseless.

"STOP! ZERAORA COULD DIE!" screamed Sumedha as she tugged against the iron chains, collapsing forward onto the floor. "Shut her up, someone," bristled the man as he went back to dealing with Zeraora.

"Mawile, fairy wind!" ordered the only voice Sumedha recognised, the voice of Admin Uki. A pinkish wind came gushing right at her and sent her crashing against the cell wall. She tried to break out of the chains, but to no avail.

"The chains were remodeled after the Safari Zone incident. We will not have such mishap again," muttered Uki as Sumedha slumped against the wall in exhaustion. "What the heck do I do..." she sighed as she felt waves of darkness crash over her as the blue sleep powder from above fell onto her. 

Sophie POV

"Ali! It's been forever! And you came just in time," Sophie spluttered as she hugged her best friend.

"Okay, what's up? I heard you needed some help with some rescuing," she said and Sophie nodded.

"Team Metallium. They're busting down everything in this school and they have two of our rangers. You in?" she asked. "Yes," agreed Ali instantly.

"Let's get a move on. We are gonna get to the town across the sea. And we need to leave by dawn if we are gonna reach there in time," Sophie explained as Ali nodded, her eyes fogged with thoughts.

"You can either surf or fly. C'mon, let's get to it," called Jackal as Kelvin and Jarrett rode Jarrett's Lapras, while Sophie flew on Dartrix and Ali going by surfing on Swampert.

Jackal got onto Noivern and looked and ordered Hanlu, Jamie and Ixuv to say behind to fight off an intruding Team Metallium members.

It wasn't long before they arrived at a cave, which was surrounded by Team Metallium grunts and some Togedemaru were rolling around. "All of you go in. I can handle them, but you idiots better sneak in," ordered Jackal as they nodded and slunk into the cave.

There were strange cages and Sophie turned her head to see Andrew, slumped over and asleep. "What the heck...? He's covered in sleep powder," she muttered as the Rangers used Houndoom's fire to melt off the chains strapped on him. 

Andrew woke up, but someone strapped to the wall at the other end of the cell also stirred. Sophie instantly moved towards her. "Sophie, don't just free someone we don't even know," snapped Jarrett and she glared at him.

"She's locked away for being thought to know how to summon some legendary pokemon. You have to free her!" spat Andrew and the girl shook her head. "It's fine if you don't free me," she grunted. Sophie looked down onto the girl and took a deep breath. "I'm choosing to trust her. Even if she turns her back on us and is some Team Metallium decoy, I am willing to get her out," she said as she ordered Houndoom to melt off the chains.

"Where's Sumedha, and why is this cell so bloody damp. There's water on the floor???" Kelvin complained. "She's in the dry cell with her Pokemon, over there," Andrew said and Sophie nodded. They began to head over when Sophie heard loud crashes behind her.

"What the hell- Frilly?!" Sophie's jaw dropped as she watched sleep powder lace her friends and cause them to crash to the floor. 

"Long time no see. I heard you have gotten your third gym badge," Frilly laughed as his shiny Butterfree perched on his head. "Heard from my little spy in your school that your silly Eevee, the pokemon you caught second, has yet to evolve," he continued.