Chapter 12

Sophie POV

She felt the cap pulled off her head and she turned as she stood up and dusted the dust off her jacket and looked at the person before her. He was good looking, but what she noticed was the cap. It was comfy and she didn't even realise that she had been wearing the cap for the battle with Houndour and Rowlet. 

"So, who are you and why are you here?" she asked and he smiled, the smile lighting the whole room up. "Felix, nice to meet you. I was sent here under gym leader Bangchan to train under you," he said with a gentle smile.

Sophie nodded. "Alright. Sure," she turned and gestured for him to follow. She could sense disappointment from him, but she didn't know for what. 

"1/4, time for class!" she ordered, even though she was sweating profusely after the rough gym battle. She felt a tower fall on her head. "Maybe you need this," Felix murmured in his low voice and she thanked him before she wiped the sweat

"Today we will learn and discuss evolution," she said as she wiped the sweat on her brow and heaved in a deep gulp of air. 

"What are some evolutions you know? That I haven't told you about," she quickly added the last part in.

"Caterpie to Metapod and then to Butterfree!"

"Good one Bhavishya."

"Tepig to Pignite and then to Emboar!"

"I already said that Jayden Cai but nice try."

"Chewtle to Torterra!" 

"Chewtle become Drednaw, not Torterra."

"Nidoran male to Nidorino to Nidoking."

"Good one Felix."

"Electrike to Manectric too."

Sophie blinked. Clearly Felix knew well about Pokemon as he continued to list some other evolutions. Why was he studying here for?

"So what is evolution?" Sophie asked. Dhee put her hand up. "Evolution is the growth and change of a pokemon to adapt to certain situations and becoming stronger," she said confidently. Sophie nodded.

"And today's evolution we will learn is Togepi-" Sophie was cut off when Julien gasped. "The e-egg! It's hatching!" she yelled. "It what?" Sophie hurried to back of the class to feel the warm egg. "It is hatching. Everyone back off! Except Julien. The baby pokemon has to see you first since you own it," Sophie said as she backed off. The egg cracked open and what a coincidence!
A small Togepi wriggled out and used it's small hands to gentle grab Julien's arm and nuzzled it.
" Aww... " cooed everyone excitedly. Julien carefully scooped the small pokemon up and stroked it's spiky head.
"I think we can end lessons early today. Take your Togepi. You can go home now," smiled Sophie.

Sumedha POV
"No!" Sumedha slammed the table angrily with a hiss and cast a glare at her little brother.
"You do not touch Eevee like that! Clearly Eevee is uncomfortable," she growled.
"I want the Eevee! Mommy! I want the Eevee!" said her brother multiple times.
"I want Riolu!" said her other brother.
"Sumedha, they have to be rangers so you must give them your pokemon. You can keep Espurr because I heard that when it evolves it does well for contests," her father said.
It was so embarrassing, the fact that they were at the park.
"Ahem, I'm sure thats now how the Ranger system works," came a familiar voice from behind Sumedha as she felt two arms rest in her shoulders and moved her aside.
"Jarrett?"
He just signalled for her to shut-up. "Who are you? Are you a Ranger?" her father asked arrogantly.
"Yes. And by the looks of it your sons are not even close to qualified in being rangers," laughed Jarrett.
"How dare you! Exeggutor, destroy this boy," snapped the her father as Sumedha noticed Jarrett motion to back off.
"Gastly, you can finish him easily," Jarrett growled as Gastly burst from it's pokeball.
"Exeggutor! Bullet seed!" roared the man furiously.
Exeggutor fired array after array of bullets, which Gastky skillfully avoided.
"Tsk. Lick!" ordered Jarrett as Gastly floated forward and licked the Exeggutor, who took the super effective damage pretty harshly.
"Solar beam!" yelled her father, his voice trembling and his face flushed.
"Gastly, use confuse Ray!" ordered Jarrett and Gastly let a swirling purple beam form and hit the Exeggutor.

Exeggutor looked confused but fired the solar beam and hit Gastly, who managed to tank the shot like the boss it is.
"Bullet seed again!" ordered Sumedha's father but this time, Exeggutor fired the seeds up in confusion and it crashed back down onto itself, hurting itself.
"Hypnosis," Jarrett said and Gastly formed a pink beam which enveloped the Exeggutor. It fell asleep and crashed to the ground heavily as Jarrett ordered a final lick and Exeggutor was down and out.
"Rrmph. If even your Exeggutor can't beat my Gastly, your sons clearly cannot be rangers. We were picked as Aces and as Pokefans to guide people. Not for the sense of authority," Jarrett grumbled.
"Another thing. Touch her and you're going to have to get meet me again, and I don't care if you're her father. Don't you dare disrespect her again. In fact, as a father you should respect her every choice and decisions," he rumbled and turned to looks at Sumedha.
" You okay? " he said as he gently placed his hands on her shoulder to check her carefully.
She nodded and he shrugged.

KELVIN POV
Kelvin looked as five boys were playing Gaelic football in the field. He was waiting for Jarrett to turn up and his patience was running thin.
Suddenly, one ball was kicked too hard and slammed into a taller boy.
"Yu Xiang oh my GOD!" came one voice.
He squinted to see their name tags.
Rayyhan, Jayden Mark and Aakash.
Clearly the guy in the ground who was hit jn the groin was Yu Xiang. He was limp on the ground and Kelvin rubbed his temples.
"What the heck is up with the school," he sighed as Jarrett finally arrived.
"Fraaking finally. Today is my day to join the Ranger Corps," Kelvin said as he hooked his bag onto his shoulder and glared at the taller boy.
Jarrett rolled his eyes. "Had something up. Let's go, I called for a corviknight taxi," Jarrett replied.
How they become friends, was beyond anyone.
As they arrived, a girl with dark brown hair and a red jacket around her waist greeted them with a boy with light brown hair.
"This is Sophie and Jamie. You two this is Kelvin, the ranger who got his spot in the Corps stolen by Victoria," grunted Jarrett.
"Oh so you're the Kelvin that Jarrett talks about," Sophie said.
"Stolen?" Jamie sounded confused.
"It's pretty obvious Victoria is not even close to being a good ranger, let alone who worthy of it. So I have been assigned to join the corps because I'm deemed worthy, and I was supposed to be picked until Victoria's parents bribed Ranger Frilly," explained Kelvin.
Jamie nodded.
" Frilly wasn't bribed. He was-" Opal, whom Kelvin recognised from the Ranger Interview, began but she cut herself off.
" Yeah he was bribed," she placed harsh pressure on the word he strode off, pissed off.
" Opal's defensive over Frilly. Pretty obvious she likes him, " Sophie uttered and walked away.
During the ceremony, Kelvin sensed that something wasn't right.
And his gut was right.

" ARGH HELP!"