Chapter 20

Sophie POV

Sophie rushed over to the clinic. She wanted to check in on the little shinx.

As she headed inside she noticed the tense feeling Shinx had as it looked at her apprehensively.

It seemed scared. It looked tired, disgraced and humiliated but mostly fear shrouded it's emotions.

"Maybe you should try to feed to feed Shinx. It's unwell but refuses to even eat an Oran Berry," Nurse Joy sighed in dismay as Sophie nodded and scooped up the Berry.

She leaned close to the little lion pokemon and eyed it closely. It was bruised on it's legs and back and had a cut down it's right leg. Her heart broke for the young pokemon, harassed painfully by Victoria.

She stuck her hand out to give Shinx the berry and Shinx instantly sunk it's fangs into her and she gritted her teeth in pain. She didn't move away though and Shinx looked at her quietly, before letting out a small rumble and eating the berry up in quick, famished gulps.

"You see buddy? You just needed to eat this," she smiled as she slowly stroked the pokemon's head. It licked the bite mark carefully as it looked at her with guilt sodden in its eyes.

"It's fine buddy," she smiled as her other pokemon burst out to greet the Shinx.

Shinx was obviously excited to make friends when there was a knock on the door.

"Sophie, the class begins in 10 minutes. Shouldn't you get going?" nurse joy asked as she passed Sophie a bandage for the bite.

"Yep, sure," Sophie ducked her head thankfully to Nurse Joy.

"Let's go guys. TREECKO BUDDY! STOP TRYNA EAT DARTRIX'S LEAF!" Sophie scooped Treecko away from Dartrix and returned all her pokemon except Houndour.

"See ya later pal," she smiled at Shinx before leaving the clinic.

As she arrived in class, she smiled as she looked at them.

"You're late! You know you still are a student right?" Mrs Goh chided and Sophie stifled her urge to explain why she was late and nodded.

"Today, we'll be learning about regional variants," Sophie explained as she placed her books down. "Regional what now-" Jayden Cai began and she shot him a side glare.

"I've borrowed some pokemon from the Seniors and here we go. This is the Alolan Regional forms. Rattata, Raticate, Geodude, Graverler, Golem, Vulpix, Ninetales, Grimer and Muk, Sandshrew, Sandslash, Marowak, Meowth, Persian, Raichu, Exeggutor, Diglett and Dugtrio. Today however, we are only gonna learn two regional variants at one time. Alolan Vulpix and Ninetales, and Alolan Sandshrew and Sandslash, " she said as she threw out the pokemon she borrowed.

A beautiful white Vulpix and Ninetales emerged and a icy Sandshrew and Sandslash emerged.

"Now, the kantonian forms! Let's go!" she called as the fiery Kantonian Vulpix and Ninetales burst forth with brown Sandshrew and Sandslash.

"As you can see, the regular Vulpix and Ninetales are fire types. However, due to the adaptations in Alola, which has been newly built and named after Alola itself, had to adapt to the climate changes and became a ice type. Alolan Ninetales is a fairy and ice type, giving it quite the power, " she explained as the class gaped in awe.

The two Ninetales showed off their tails and the Vulpixes just made small growling noises at each other.

" Sandshrew and Sandslash are ground types. However, in alola they become ice and steel types to adapt to their climates," Sophie explained.

They nodded patiently as they took notes, except Zhiwei.

Sophie just grabbed a eraser and hurled it at Zhiwei, who yelped as he was struck.

" Remember, this is for the upcoming written tests after the practical, so you better STUDY. Anyways, we're go down for another practical," she gestured for them to hurry down and she was watching Meena and Bhavishya battle with Pidgeotto and Butterfree, with vicious sleight of attacks hurled at each when Sophie heard one of the most vulgar things she have ever heard.

" DID YOU REALLY JUST MAKE F**KING EMOGLA USE F**KING NUZZLE ON A SANDSHREW?! DIDNT YOU JUST HAVE A LESSON ON FREAKING SANDSHREW?!"

"Kelvin what the heck-"

"ARE YOU DUMB?! YOU F**KING A**HOLE!"

"Kelvin they're new to this-"

"YOU SHUT THE F**K UP BEFORE I KILL YOU TOO! WHATS YOUR NAME?!" Kelvin bellowed.

Sophie shrugged apologetically.

"Uh- I'm Rishit..." Rishit stuttered nervously.

"ARE YOU STUPID?! I CAN'T RIGHT NOW-" Kelvin flung the empty pokeball he was holding straight at Rishit and Sophie managed to grab the pokeball.

"Kelvin--Abuse is an unwanted thing here, everyone just get back to battle. And rishit, change a partner," Sophie threw the ball back at the fuming Kelvin, who was still spewing incessant vulgar.

From the corner of the field, two eyes peered from the bushes, watching Sophie carefully.

" Shi-inx! "