Chapter 66

Sophie POV

Sophie opened her bleary eyes and sat up, feeling her back ache.

What happened?

Her Houndoom lay slumped on her legs, completely knocked out. She took in a deep breath, only to regret it. She looked up seeing the sprinkler release sprinkles of water on tiny flames that were surrounding her.

Hurriedly, she reached into her pocket and picked out Houndoom's pokeball, withdrawing it and then stuffing the pokeball back into her bag and getting up, trying not to topple.

After struggling through the smoke for a while, she kicked a leg by accident. She bent down, trying not to inhale too much as she tried to peer through the smog.

Narrowing her eyes, she grabbed the leg and pulled it closer to her, seeing Felix's face. He had a pale face and his eyes were shut. She noticed a pokeball clasped firmly in his hand. She pried it from his hand and shoved it into his bag, hauling his arm around her shoulder and dragging him out of the smoking building.

The last thing she remembered was battling Hunter, the dark type gym leader, but he was nowhere to be found.

She slumped onto the ground, the toxic smoke finally getting to her.

Kelvin POV

Smoke trailed out of the building, and he stared, puzzled.

"Gengar, float me up there," he called, releasing his Gengar.

Gengar floated him up, and Jarrett unleashed his own Gengar to float him up. Sumedha used Meowstic's telekinesis to get her up.

On the building was a figure with a familiar jacket.

Team Metallium!

Kelvin clutched his pokeball, ready to swap Gengar out for another pokemon, but the roof shook. Gengar caught him as the figure turned around.

"Gavriel...?" gasped Sumedha as Meowstic used its psychic abilities to float her back into the air. "I haven't heard from you in ages!" Jarrett exclaimed, stating the obvious. "I was doing some reflecting and training. And I've decided that...no matter what Team Metallium has done, they have given me a roof over my head and taught me about pokemon before you all, so I shall not forget their kind acts. My family all work for our saviors, now...Team Metallium!" he cackled, sounding like he lost his mind.

"You think you're scary? I've seen crazier than you," spat Jarrett.

Gavriel's eyes darkened, and he grabbed four pokeballs, tossing them out.

Out emerged a Corviknight, Ambipom, Feraligatr, and Glalie.

"Three of you, handle them. Corviknight, we need to go and find Jackal," he ordered and hopped onto Corviknight. The massive bird lifted off into the air, bringing Gavriel away from the shaky roof.

Glalie lunged for Kelvin's Gengar, who rolled away cheekily, a giant grin on its face. It let out a raspy roar and opened its jaws, unleashing a cold wind.

It hit Gengar, but Gengar stood up bravely against Glalie. "A simple frost breath won't save you. Gengar, shadow ball!" ordered Kelvin, following his instruction with a mad laugh. Gengar mimicked Kelvin and laughed, phasing out of sight before phasing back into sight. It then phased back into sight and formed a shadowy ball, hurling it at Glalie.

Before Glalie could fire back, Kelvin instructed Gengar to use sucker punch. With a glowing dark fist, Gengar phased behind Glalie and punched the floating round ball of ice across the field, sending it spiralling across the roof.

Glalie launched another frost breath but Gengar dodged it and used sucker punch a second time, taking it out.

Jarrett POV

The Feraligatr lumbered over to Gengar, each step causing the roof to shake. "Gengar, sucker punch now!" yelled Jarrett and Gengar formed a black fist, diving forward and socking Feraligatr in the muzzle.

Feraligatr's jaws froze and it chomped down on Gengar, landing its ice fang.

"Gengar, shadow ball," commanded Jarrett and Gengar formed a shadowy ball, smacking it straight into Feraligatr. At such a close range, the attack did a lot more damage, being a critical hit.

Feraligatr crashed onto its back and the roof caved in.

Glalie dived forward and rescued Feraligatr and Ambipom while Gengar scooped Jarrett into the air. Feraligatr's jaws opened and it unleashed a blast of boiling water.

"Meowstic, protect!" instructed Sumedha and Meowstic dived in front of Kelvin and Jarrett, forming a protective shield, stopping the boiling water from hitting them.

"Gengar, shadow ball!" Jarrett and Kelvin ordered at the same time.

Both Gengars formed their own shadow balls, launching it right at Feraligatr, taking it out.

Ambipom bounced up with its tail, and pulled out a berry with one of its tail, throwing it at Kelvin's Gengar, knocking them both out of the sky. It then twisted around and swung its tail, beating up Jarrett's Gengar and sent him tumbling down to the ground.

His Gengar managed to save him as Meowstic dived to the rescue, using psyshock to send Ambipom back to the ground. Glalie moved to attack but Kelvin ordered his Gengar to use sucker punch.

His Gengar lunged and struck Glalie square in the face, knocking it out.

Ambipom moved to attack, but Jarrett instructed his Gengar to use dark pulse, knocking the Ambipom down to the ground and causing it to faint.

"I see someone over there!" called Sumedha, pointing her finger at the other side of the dojo.

"Let's go then!" Jarrett's Gengar picked him up and led them over to the far side, seeing a man scrabbling out of the dojo.

"Isn't that Hunter?"

TO BE CONTINUED

The trio hunt for Gavriel and try to figure out why he wants to find Jackal. Hanlu is sent on a mission to find Sophie and Felix.

(This was really out of the blue)