Chapter 4

Sumedha POV
"What's this. An egg?" she asked as her mother just looked at her.
"Yes, we got this from the daycare. We'll your grandma did she sent this over. She said she had been recently training a student and got the idea of breeding and was thinking you wanted this egg. She said it would hatch very soon because she got it quite long ago, " explained her father.
Her mother nodded as she placed dinner down. " How is the ranger program going? " she asked.
" Pretty fine. Why? " her voice lowering.
" We were thinking you could convince the Ranger corps to let your brothers join them. We want the very best for him. And once you're done with that you could participate in competitions, like other girls, not go running off and fighting," her mother said. Her father nodded in agreement.
" What?! NO! Pokemon battling has been my dream since I first played the game. Yacob and Daniel never even batted an eyelid about it! " she yelled and slammed her fist in the table angrily.
" Enough! A proper woman will never have such irritable behaviour, " her father yelled furiously.
"I don't care! Why do they always get to do whatever they want, just because they're boys! Heck, Sophie is an amazing Ranger who I work with and she's a girl!" yelled Sumedha as she pushed her chair aside and stormed up to her room.
She could hear her brothers laughing about some malicious thing they were gonna do.
The egg began to shiver as a line split on it and she looked at it.
" What the - "
The egg split open as a yellow Riolu stood before her. "Oh hell Eevee I think it's shiny," she exclaimed.
Eevee eyed the baby Riolu who looked extremely confused.
"Grandma probably sent me this to enhance my dreams of becoming a pokemon master," she mumbled as she stroked the Riolu fondly.
The next day she groaned as she stumbled to school and heard someone call her name.
"Sumedha!!!!" she heard the familiar voice of her friend call.
"Neha!" she replied.
"You seem pretty down. Everything okay?" she asked.
Sumedha shrugged it off. "Parents believing that males are superior. Whatever, I'm a bright and determined kid. You can't beat me down with just some filthy words," she giggled.
Neha's alolan vulpix was chasing Riolu and Eevee as the pokemon were playing and Sumedha spotted Ranger Frilly and Ranger Opal, looking distressed, Jarrett standing with them.
" What do you, in trouble?! " Jarrett sounded annoyed but at the same time nervous.
"Neha you should go. Ranger Frilly, what's going on?" asked Jarrett.
"I sent 1/4 to the Safari Zone to catch pokemon but it seems like there's something going on. There's a popular group of people there but it seems like they're gonna be in danger. I have only one ranger there. I'll take over 1/3 so you and Sumedha can go help out, " Ranger Frilly ordered.
" Can i go to help? " came a voice.
" Andrew? " Sumedha looked confused as she looked at Andrew.
" I guess I could use some help taking care of the class... Andrew you can be the temporary Ranger of the group and go with them. Don't you dare drag them down, " Ranger Frilly hissed and walked away.
Andrew looked bewildered but hella excited.
"You three can borrow my Tropius and Drifblim to fly over to the Safari Zone," Ranger Opal instructed.
Sumedha and Andrew cambered upon Tropius as Jarrett hopped onto Drifblim and they flew towards the Safari Zone.
Mid-flight, they spotted some Skarmory flying over to the Safari Zone. " WHA? What's that?! " called Sumedha.
Jarrett shrugged and the Skarmory turned after hearing their voices.
The Skarmory used swift and fired bolts of stars at them. Tropius staggered as it got hit and Sumedha clung on tightly, Andrew nearly falling off.
"Drifblim shadow Ball!" called Jarrett. Drifblim formed the shadowy ball and fired it across and slammed it against Skamory.
The skarmory screeched as the pair of steel birds used steel wing and charged at them.
Tropius and Drifblim managed to dodge aside and Sumedha called for Tropius to use Air slash and blasted a huge burst of leaves which knocked one Skarmory down.
The other one used swift again but Drifblim countered with Shadow Ball and Tropius used Air slash again.
The two Skarmory were down and out.
"Such high levelled pokemon taken out so easily? What the heck," Jarrett snapped.
Sumedha shrugged and ordered Andrew to cling on tight as she directed Tropius to dive downwards with Drifblim.
They arrived at the horrible mess of the battlefield.
The 1/4 kids were trapped. And Ranger Sophie was nowhere to be seen.
One of the students, a tall girl with spectacles and a Pidgey seemed to be yelling something and trying to signal to them when they heard a loud slam.
"Ferro!" they spun to the deep, metallic rattle of the giant Ferroseed.
"Holy freak, how are we gonna fight that?!" Andrew spluttered and Sumedha elbowed him in the ribs to shut him up.
"Oh don't worry, your Ranger friend is up in that building with those eight boys. And about all of you, prepare yourselves to face the wrath of Team Metallium!"