Chapter 57

Sophie POV

"Alright, line up. HEY! STOP TALKING!" yelled Sophie as she smacked Meena on the head. "OWWWW! Okayyyy fineee," Meena giggled as Sophie sighed. "Felix, go over the instructions," she ordered. 

"Alright. So each of you are allowed to use a maximum of 3 pokemon against the people testing you in the first round, I'm sure you know this already. They're random trainers, which are all of equal strength. Stop whining we did say the exam was going to take a whole day," Felix began. "The trainers fighting you are picked at random, so if they beat you, then...yeah you need to buck up. The second round is fighting us Rangers. All of them are here. You are allowed to use your full team, but of course we aren't because...fairness. You don't have to win the second round but just...try your best because you're gonna be graded," Felix continued, handing out the marking scheme to all the students.

"1/4 is the 1st class to be graded, which is weird, and I just want to say good luck, try your best," Sophie said as she took out her red and black clipboard, eyeing it carefully. "Everyone is going to be watching. Everyone. Including the Rangers, except Jackal. Who knows what he's up to right now. So try your best. Anyways, who's going first?" Sophie asked, tapping her board. 

Silence gripped the 1/4 students, who looked nervous. "Oh right, you don't get to pick the wheel of names picks. WHY DO WE HAVE THIS EMBARRASSING THING???" screamed Sophie, glaring at the weird looking wheel of names, which had every name of the students on the board.

"And the first is...Oh what luck it's Ephraim. Good luck," Sophie muttered as she sat down. That was when the other rangers streamed in. "AHA! JUST IN TIME TO WATCH KIDS SUFF-MMMPH!" Kelvin was muffled as Sumedha slapped her hand over his mouth. "But they are going to suff-" Jarrett was also cut off as Sumedha grabbed him too, shutting both of them up. "Don't scare them! They need to do their best," Hanlu chided as the two boys rolled their eyes. 

The other trainer, by the name of Gilbert, walked in. "Wait, who are these random people selected?" whispered Sophie. "I...I'm not sure. Jackal picks them from...volunteers???" Hanlu said. "Eh, he said he was trying to make the first round easier, because they need to pass or something, I don't know," Sumedha tried to explain. 

"I heard that they're volunteers who think they're good enough to battle with the students of our school," Hanlu whispered. 

"Alright, I pick Servine!" called Gilbert as he flung out his Servine, which had tiny hands. "Ya know how Dragonair evolves to get arms to help others? I think Servine hates everything and evolves to have no hands," hissed Sophie quietly to Felix, who had to take a bit of time to process her words. 

"I'll pick Raboot then," Ephraim said smugly. 

"Start!" called Sophie.

"Raboot, flame charge!" ordered Ephraim as Raboot ran on the spot for 3 seconds, creating fire at it's feet before running forward, causing fire to cover it and it slammed into Servine...taking it out in one hit-

"WAIT WHY IS SERVINE THAT WEAK? WHAT LEVEL IS IT?" yelled Andrew. "It just evolved. It's level 17," said Gilbert proudly. "I didn't think Jackal would get people this weak to battle. How does this make a good exam for them? Agh, whatever, let's get on it," grumbled Jarrett.

After 37 agonisingly boring battles, Sophie was half-asleep, her head dizzy with headache as she yawned, watching the last trainer go down. "I was just watching some weak ass trainers get beat up. It wasn't fun," grumbled Kelvin, who looked like he had been asleep till Jarrett smacked him awake. "CAN WE GET ON WITH THIS?" yelled Sophie. 

"And we gotta do this for 9 classes- Let me cry at the side be right back," joked Hanlu.

"AHA! WE GET TO BATTLE THE NEXT EVERYONE AND THEY WILL ALL DIE-"