Chapter 14

"Kerri was pulling up when I was and I said you were probably here, hope that's okay?" Matt asked as he sat down on the love seat.

"I'm fine with it." I said.

Kerri came and sat next to me. I caught Matt watching her as she did and the look of disappointment that she choose to sit be me. I wondered if Kerri knew he liked her.

"So, Matt said there was crazy things happening?" Kerri said.

"Yeah, so Jacelynn has marks on her neck and shoulder after seeing a guy in her mirror. And it's a guy she saw in a nightmare she had." Matt summed up.

"She got a bloody nose earlier that she didn't notice because she saw him again." Rowan added.

"You saw him in a nightmare, then in your mirror?" Kerri asked turning to face me.

"I know it's crazy. But yes. The first time he was behind me in the reflection." I said, "Then earlier it was like he was trapped in the mirror."

"Yeah, sounds crazy." Kerri said, "Lucky for you though my aunt raised me and she is into all sorts of stuff like this."

"How so?" I asked.

"My aunt Eve, she's a witch. She practices Wicca and she sees things. Always has." Kerri answered, "I sometimes think that I do too, but she says I don't give in to it so it's rare."

"I was talking to Richard after the meeting today and he says he's seen things and heard things from that room you got locked in." Matt added.

"He has?" I asked.

"Yeah, no one has ever been able to explain it either. It was never a room that ever reported anything ever happening in until nine... ten... years ago." Matt said, "There's been shadows seen in the library, in the offices a presence has been sensed, the eyes of paintings following people, and the occasional seeing something in reflections or seeing someone who then disappeared."

"Sounds like all the typical stuff for an old manor." Kerri said, "You however sound like you picked up what my aunt would call a Follower."

"A Follower?" I asked.

"Yes, not always a bad thing but in a lot of cases it's like having a stalker." Kerri answered.

"How do I know what kind I have, if I really do? And what do I do about it?" I asked.

"We would have to figure out if you do then figure out why it picked you. Then we could figure out how to make it go away." Kerri answered, "I'd need to call my aunt, she's the one who knows more about this stuff."

"Could you call her now?" Matt asked, "The more information we have the better."

"Yeah I can try, she'll have to do her research and everything so we may not have an answer today." Kerri answered and pulled out her phone, "Do you mind if I call from your room?"

"Not at all, Cupid may follow you to be let out." I told her.

She nodded and headed back to my bedroom. Sure enough, Cupid got up and followed her. I heard the back door open. After a few minutes we could hear Kerri talking but not make out much more then the occasional word.

"So, we may have a ghost problem?" Rowan asked.

"Sounds like it's a possibility." Matt said.

"Or is that too crazy?" I asked, "I mean if that's really even possible, why me?"

"You tell us, You're the one who had a nightmare then started seeing a man in your mirror." Matt said.

"Fair." I answered, "I just don't know what to think."