66 - George Russell

As promised, I'm back to regular posting! 

And in honor of the last race of the season (already!) here's a special George Russell imagine!

Exterior POV 

Turkish Grand Prix, 2021

George was having a day, not a great one though.

This year has been more than awesome for him after taking Valterri's seat at Mercedes but today was supposed to be his big day. Win the Turkish Grand Prix but it didn't happen.

It was like history was repeating itself, exactly similar to when he drove for Mercedes back to when Lewis couldn't because he had Covid-19, a puncture on his rear right forced him to stop the race. 

It's safe to say that George was tired of his back luck and just wanted to win a race. He knew that if it kept going like this, the team would have enough of it. 

Lewis was his teammate and a great one, he's a seven-time world champion and sometimes, George tends to compare himself to him. 

Which his family had warned him it wasn't a great thing to do. It could lead to bad mental health and a toxic relationship with his work. 

"George, hey mate, are you listening ?" 

Alex Albon, George's friend said shaking his shoulder. 

They were currently having dinner in one of Istanbul's finest restaurants with other friends such as Lando Norris, Charles Leclerc, and Max Verstappen had even joined too. 

The group would often reunite after races and grab a bite to eat to discuss it and spend time together as friends. 

This sport and all the work, traveling that involves it can make them feel lonely and that's why they do it. 

"Yeah sorry, I'm just gutted with the race guys" 

The guys looked at their friend and saw he was not in the spirit today. 

"That puncture was not pretty but this still all new to you a fresh team means a fresh start and your win will come. I'm sure of it" 

Lando said as George gave his friends a small smile. 

"Yeah I hope so, I have had podiums now but that win, ugh, anyway" 

George finished his sentence drowning his glass of water and remained quite silent for the rest of the evening with his friends. 

It was now time for them to part ways and George just opted to go to the bar as the boys went to their respective rooms since tomorrow they would be traveling to their new race destination. 

As he sat down on one of the stools he ordered a bourbon on the rocks

 He knew he wasn't supposed to drink as he had to maintain his health for the upcoming week but one wouldn't hurt right? 

One wouldn't but three or four as he kept ordering were too much. 

Late on his fourth and hopefully last drink, a beautiful brunette joined George ordering a dirty martini. 

She was surely captivating and her eyes were something out of this world. Wearing a thin modest satin dress, this woman interrupted George's thoughts. 

He couldn't stop staring and fairly enough she had the same attraction for him too. 

The mysterious unknown charming woman decided to make a move first and changed her seats to place herself right next to George.