23 - Charles Leclerc (RQ)

Imagine for the sweet -cosette-, I hope you like it!

Exterior POV

Charles was nervous, he was going to propose to his girlfriend, Francesca. His family and hers knew, and they were all waiting for the big moment. 

The ring was this simple cushion-cut white diamond with a gold band. It was safely kept in a classic dark blue velvet box in the left pocket of Charles' suit pants. 

He looked very dapper, he wore a white shirt, suit pants and has a bouquet of roses in his free hand. The other one had his phone texting his friends to make sure everything was ready and that this proposal would be perfect.

Everyone was here in Monaco, the sun was starting to set and the balcony of Charles' apartment was perfectly decorated, with flowers and candles everywhere. 

He kept checking every detail and wouldn't stop asking if she was here or not. 

Charles and Francesca met in a very normal way, well, normal for them. Her father is Christian Horner the team principal of Red Bull, they met on track in Singapore. 

Charles still remembers the day like it was yesterday, she was wearing some random jean shorts and a white crop top with sneakers. She was roaming around the Red Bull garages messing around and annoying her father. 

Then while Charles and his teammate were walking around the track as they usually do for every race. His eyes stopped on her and from there it all started. 

They started talking every time they saw each other. Their first date was very awkward but cute, Charles took Francesca on a very romantic dinner in China. It was a sushi date and their first kiss was just after that. 

Their relationship quickly built itself and it was magical in Francesca's eyes. They moved in together and ever since they live together.

Charles was planning on moving into something bigger, little did he knew that there was a huge surprise coming his way. 

Francesca was done with work for today, and she was exhausted more than usual. She had done some medical exams today because she had been getting more headaches than usual, more emotional and she had gained some weight.

So she ran a blood test to know if what she thought was that. 

Meaning if she was pregnant or not, and indeed she was.

She could not wait to go home and tell Charles. They were having a baby in a few months and she was excited about this new chapter of their lives. A new life into theirs, and she was told it was a boy. 

A little racer. She couldn't wait.

Once she made it to the elevator of the apartment building, her heart was thumping so loud she thought it might burst out of her ribcage.

Sighing of relief once she made it home, Francesca set her handbag on the floor and walked to the living room. As weird as it was, no one seemed to be home and it was odd because usually at this time Charles would already be here.

Francesca spotted brightness on the balcony and walked over there. 

What she saw had her mouth hung open, Charles was there standing looking awesome. Everything looked so beautiful, the candles, the flowers. He had a bouquet in his hands and here he was waiting nervously for her. 

"Charles? What is all of this ?" he motioned her to come next to him and she did. 

"Just a surprise because I love you"

Giving her the bouquet he got down on one knee and she instantly gasped.

"Charles-"

"Francesca, 2 years ago you captured my heart by being exactly who you are. The sweetest, most loving, compassionate, and sensitive person I have ever known. You have been my very best friend through the good and the bad. You have been the reason I smile and you have given comfort beyond measure when I have cried. You have believed in me when no one else would, and you have shown me how to love with passion, purity, and unconditional acceptance. I'm not sure a lifetime is long enough to return all you have given to men but I promise the rest of my days I'll spend by your side. To laugh with you and cry with you, to believe in you and support you. In poverty, I promise to do everything to make our love rich, and in wealth to never let our love grow poor. Together we are better than we could ever hope to be alone, and today I give you my love, my trust, and my fidelity forever. So Francesca, will you marry me ?"

She couldn't say a word, she just nodded and their families started to scream from the balcony above and threw petals to them. 

Charles slid the ring on her finger and kissed her with passion. 

"I love you, Charles, so much. I don't think I'm realizing what is happening right now but I know one thing, I can't wait to be your wife"

They partied with their families but Francesca still hadn't told the great news, she made sure to not drink any champagne which Charles' mom noticed immediately.

Francesca was one to drink a glass or two of champagne every time there was an event they were celebrating. 

She wanted Charles to know first and then the families.

Once everyone went home, they were both sitting on their couch looking at the view of Monaco and enjoying the moment together. The only glim in the room was her beautiful engagement ring shining.

"We finally have some time to breathe babe" Charles told Francesca holding her close to him.

"We do, I can't believe it, you are very sneaky" 

Charles lowly chuckled and kissed her forehead.

"I hope you liked your surprise"

"I did, in fact, I have a surprise of my own" as she said that, Charles frowned smiling.

Francesca got up and went to her bag to pick the picture of the ultrasound she had earlier in the day. You could see a tiny dot which was the baby.

Giving it in an envelope to a curious Charles, she sat next to him and waited for his reaction. 

He opened it and what he saw made his mouth hung low. 

"You're, you're- ?"

She nodded excited and Charles just hugged her. 

It was his turn to say nothing, he was shocked to say the least. He was looking back to the picture then to her.

"I'm so happy, we're having a baby and getting married, Francesca I love you"

"I love you too Charles, I love you too"