62 - Charles Leclerc

Exterior POV

Y/n and Charles were on a little vacation break. It was between two races, both in Italy. After the global pandemic last year, the FIA and fans liked the new venues that were added so some of them were hosting races again this year. 

Charles had a successful Grand Prix in Monza and managed to have the second place. His new partner Carlos had a great race too and finished 4th which was lots of points for the team. 

After almost half a year without being able to come with Charles, Y/n could finally support him and be there. 

They decided to go to Portofino, the beautiful city by the sea in Nothern Italy. Charles drove all the way there and they stopped halfway to rest. 

It was Y/n's first time visiting Italy since they started dating just before everything happened with the virus last year so she didn't get to travel with him. 

They booked a beautiful room with a balcony offering a splendid view of Portofino.

It was a gift from Y/n to Charles since he was working so hard she thought he deserved a break from all the racing. 

This afternoon Charles had planned to take Y/n through the little streets of the city and planned on having a small picnic by the end of the day with the sunset. 

He took advantage of his free time to organize everything and was waiting for Y/n to finish to get ready. 

She came out of the bathroom wearing a beautiful dress and minimal makeup. She took her bag and followed Charles out of the bedroom.

They drove around until they found a good spot for their picnic, they had a beautiful view in front of them and Y/n was impressed by how Charles had outdone himself with this. 

The picnic was filled with goodies that Y/n loved, some sandwiches, drinks, fruit, and even her favorite thing to eat, chocolate cake.

They had so much fun while eating and talked about their relationship and maybe taking it to the next step, meaning Y/n moving in with Charles. 

After eating almost all the cake, Charles put the picnic stuff in the car and took Y/n on a walk around the iconic streets of Portofino. 

They took many pictures and Charles was finally having some time off, he didn't think about work not even one minute that day and Y/n's mission was a success. 

He helped her learn some words in Italian and they stopped for ice cream while on their stroll. It was a perfect day.  

Y/n found a cute little gift shop hidden among these neighborhoods and saw a necklace with a little 'C' which she found adorable but then got distracted by a little boy running into her saying she was 'bella'.

That didn't go unnoticed by Charles who bought it while she was looking at the little boy. 

He hid it in his pockets and thought it would be better to give it to her later, at the end of the day. 

So they continued to walk around, exploring Portofino and spending time just the two of them which had become so rare with Charles's schedule. 

Y/n felt so grateful she had "snatched" him away just for a few hours, away from social media, work meetings, and datasheets.

That day, she fell in love with him even more than she could have. She realized he was the one for her, the one who made her happy, made her smile, and also the one who loved her for who she was no matter the imperfections she had. 

As for Charles, he was smitten by Y/n, he couldn't get enough of her. He couldn't see himself without her and loved being with Y/n. 

By the end of the day, they went back to their bedroom and opted to have dinner on their balcony while enjoying the sunset with no one around bu them. 

 They ordered pizza and lots of pasta from the room service and enjoyed a little glass of wine or two. After finishing, Y/n snuggled close to Charles, and they stayed like this for a long time.

"Today was a great day Charles, I loved it thank you so much," Y/n said kissing his cheek. 

He pecked her forehead and took the necklace out of his pocket locking it around her neck. She gasped and touched it. 

"I got you a little something today" he whispered as she turned around to face Charles and flung her arms around him. 

"How did you guess ?" she asked her voice wavering with emotions. 

"I saw you looking at it and thought you'd like it" Charles said, holding her tighter in his arms. 

The couple sat together in silence enjoying each other's presence until it was time to go to bed and close the perfect day. 

Hi everyone! I was thinking on doing a Max Verstappen social media story, what do you think? Also thank you so much for over a 100k !!!!! I'm so so grateful for all of this

Much love, lu.