27 - Max Verstappen

Spain, 2016

Y/n's POV

The warm sun of Spain shined through the hotel's bedroom, I snuggled close into the comforter, realizing what happened last night I facepalmed myself. 

Why would I hook up with Max Verstappen? I mean it was great but he was supposed to be off-limits. My dad works for him for god's sake. 

If he ever knows, I'm so screwed. 

Max won the Spanish Grand Prix yesterday and I attended the party he threw last night, we all had so much fun. Drank a lot but it was fun, it ended with me hooking up THE Max Verstappen. 

However, I have to be a big girl and move on, unfortunately, I can't date Max. I warned him, told him but he wants more which I do too but my dad basically is against me dating someone.

My dad, Paul, is Max's race engineer. They are basically all the time together, they travel together and spend more than half a year together and I'm often with my dad. 

My parents are separated and I would rather be with my father than my mother so that's why I decided to graduate high school early, I study mostly online when I'm on a plane and or even in the back of the garage.

I'm sad though because I can't date the guy I like, it's hard but I don't want to disrespect my dad. 

It will have to be like that.

*Four years later*

"Y/n come on we're going to late to catch the plane" I finished shuffling the rest of my clothes in my suitcase, zipped it up and quickly joined my father who was waiting for me downstairs. 

We were still traveling together and I was now a technical engineer for Red Bull, so I'm basically working for my crush now.

Exactly, I'm working with my dad for Max. 

It's so awkward, I started working about six months ago and ever since Max wouldn't stop looking at me, smirking and trying to distract me. As for me, I've tried in many forms avoiding him and I think he hates it. 

I do too, but as I said, I can't.

We are going to Singapore for the GP but we are going a week early because my dad loves there and the humid weather. 

We were late, because of me. All the members of the team fly together but with dad, we don't do that, not because we're stuck-up we just like to travel before and also get accustomed to our surroundings. 

We arrived at the airport just in time and they didn't call our names for once. The flight was long but I slept the whole way, when we landed it was night time and I wanted to fight the jetlag but as soon as my body hit my hotel bedroom's bed I fell asleep again.

When I woke up my dad was waiting for me down in the hotel lobby and we were going to visit the city a little bit more. 

The week went by and race week-end came in quickly.