46 - Charles Leclerc (RQ)

Imagine requested by musicalem21, happy reading!

Monza, Italy

Y/n's POV

"Y/n do you need help with our luggage ?" my boyfriend Charles asked as we were loading our uber at the airport. 

We were in Italy for Charles's first Italian Grand Prix with Ferrari, the atmosphere was different from last year. He was more confident and the odds were in his favor, the last race weekends he has been faster and better. 

I can afford to come with him because I'm working from my laptop so I don't to be in an office space. Also, I can be with him when he needs me the most.

Not everything is rainbows and roses when it comes to the racing world. Some days will be bad and tiring but others will be eventful and uplifting. 

The community recently a young and talented driver named Anthoine Hubert and Charles was heartbroken. They used to race together when they were younger and everyone was so sad when this happened.

Some drivers were answering questions in the media room when they heard the crash.

I remember Charles crying in our hotel bedroom saying he didn't want to race and I had done everything I could so that he'd race and feel better obviously. 

He ended up winning every race since that weekend and I feel like Charles stronger now. 

This is one of the reasons why I try to be with him as much as I can, some Formula 1 drivers don't have the chance of having their significant others with them so I'm lucky to come with him.

"Y/n? Babe are you listening? We arrived" I snapped out of my thoughts as Charles gently nudged my shoulder. 

We had just pulled up at Charles's apartment in Italy, he recently acquired this one after signing with Ferrari and being more in Italy than Monaco.

We unloaded the car and made it to the apartment. I was more tired than usual which could be explained by my pregnancy.

Yes, I'm pregnant. I'm 8 weeks far and it's still early but my doctor told everything was going well, he even told me I'm expecting twins but he couldn't tell me the gender yet.

I was waiting for the race to happen so I could tell Charles and surprise him. 

The weirdest thing from this pregnancy was that I didn't have nausea just tired and always hungry. I still hadn't a baby bump but it looked like I was a little bit bloated. 

Charles didn't see a thing and was being more affectionate than ever.

 We had a quick dinner and went to bed since tomorrow was going to be very long, Thursday was media day and Charles would be busy. 

The next day went by quickly and so did the next ones until Sunday. The pre-race made all of us nervous, I was with Pascale, Charles's mother, and we couldn't hold our nerves. We all knew how Monza was important for Charles. 

I was holding back from rubbing my -barely-there- bump since I was anxious. I could Pascale's eyes on me and I hope she didn't notice anything. 

We were in the garage sitting on the VIP seats with a pair of headsets for each one of us. We could feel the nerves of the crew and the lights were about to go out. 

The cameras filmed Charles in the car with his helmet on and he was focused now. No one could distract him no even a fly passing by. 

I could feel Pascale's leg bouncing up and down next me from the nerves and my stomach was literally doing backflips. 

The lights went out and there he went, racing and overtaking everyone. He managed to keep both Mercedes behind him and had a stunning battle with Alex Albon. He crossed the finishing line first place and it was spectacular. 

The whole team was jumping and singing with a big smile on their faces and it was a great sight to see, Ferrari winning at 'home' with their fans here felt special.

I could see Charles's smile through his helmet as he ran to the team to jump on them. I had decided to not be in the middle of the crowd because I could get pushed and who knows what could happen. 

I went to Charles's cooling room to wait for him and I was ready to surprise him. I had bought two small Ferrari onesies in a gift shop in town and I couldn't wait for him to see them. 

He comes here before every podium he has so it's going to be fun to see how he reacts to the news.

"Y/n what are you doing here baby ?" I turned around to see a sweaty, my sweaty driver with still half of his race suit on and a bottle of water in his hands, a frown on his beautiful face.

"I was waiting for you" Charles walked to me and pulled me into a tight hug and kissed me. He knew something was going on because I'm always the first one to run to his arms outside when he scores a podium. 

"Congratulations by the way champ" Charles chuckled and put his hands on my hips looking at me with a smile.

I had two more minutes before going to the podium so I grabbed the bag with the onesies and hid it behind me. 

"I have a surprise for you, are you ready ?" Charles looked at me and nodded not saying a thing. 

"Charles one more minute otherwise you're going to be late !" his trained screamed from the other side of the closed door of Charles's room. 

I handed him the bag and he took it from my hands slowly opening it. Taking the paper that was hiding the onesies out, he grabbed them and his reaction was priceless. 

He knew and there was no point in explaining him. 

"No way" I nodded, a few tears flowed down my cheeks and Charles took me in his arms spinning me around with a big smile on his face.

"I can't believe it" he said with a small voice. 

"CHARLES PODIUM TIME" I nodded and gestured him to go and joined Pascale outside. 

We were aside from the crowd but could see the podium. Pascale was happy and I was relieved he finally knew. 

"I don't know what you told him but it must have been pretty good" I blushed at Pascale's words and watched Charles lift his trophy with a bright smile. 

It was so good to see him happy and he seemed delighted with my pregnancy. He understood it was twins from the two onesies and I know he would be torturing me to know if we would have boys or girls. 

I hoped for two healthy babies and why not a boy and a girl.

We ended up celebrating his podium eating lots of pasta and pizza with his friends and family. Only Charles knew so I drank water instead of wine. 

The trophy was sitting in the middle of the table and the team was happy to score another win with points for the championship.

As for Charles, he couldn't keep his hands off of me, one of his arms was wrapped around my shoulder and I was resting my back against him we enjoyed seeing the team laughing together drinking a glass or two. 

Charles kissed my temple and muttered a small 'love you' to which I answered the same and kissed him sealing this eventful weekend.