Twelve

Hey guys! I just wanted to let you know that I changed the cover! I made it by myself and I'm really proud of it lol. That's all I wanted to say lol. Enjoy!

---

Katara didn't think she could move at all. Her feet felt like they were frozen to the ground and there was no way that she could break through the ice. Not even with the warmth of her brother next to her. No, the fear was slowly taking over like ice cold water rushing through her veins. She would've froze in place if it weren't for the golden-eyed boy from the ball.

"Would you like to train with me?" he asked her.

Katara glanced at Sokka who gave her a nod. He whispered, "Be careful. I'll be watching."

"Okay."

Katara and the other boy headed off into one of the corners where most of the other people weren't. She couldn't really remember his name right now, but she remembered that he was very nice to her when they were dancing.

"You shouldn't show fear around here," he said once they were as alone as they could be. "There's people that will target you in the Games because you look terrified."

"But I am terrified," Katara said quickly. 

"Even if you are, you shouldn't show it." He twirled his fingers and a small orange flame appeared above his palm. "Two people in particular will notice and they will hunt you down."

"How do you know that?"

He let the flame dissipate before stepping into a fighting stance. With a gesture to her, Katara mimicked him. Her legs still felt like they were ice cubes, but she ignored it as he flicked a fireball at her. 

"I know because they're my cousins," he said as she dodged the flying fireball. 

Katara frowned and straightened up slightly. "I thought all families live in the same District."

Before she knew it, he jumped at her with a burst of fire and tackled her to the ground. She definitely knew she wasn't ready to go into the Games now. Everything would take her by surprise and she would die. 

"Really, Lu Ten?" someone drawled. "You have to attack every girl here?"

Katara pushed Lu Ten off of her and noticed a girl about her age or possibly younger standing in front of them. Her eyes flashed like lightning when they saw Katara. When the flash was gone, all that was left was a sense of coldness. Katara immediately knew that this girl was trouble.

"Really, Azula?" Lu Ten asked with an annoyed tone. He stood up, helping Katara up, too. "Do you have to follow me everywhere?"

"Don't flatter yourself," Azula replied, arching an eyebrow at him. "I don't follow anyone. I lead them."

Another girl joined Azula. She looked totally different than the other girl; Azula had on a black jumpsuit while this new girl had on a pink one. There was even a smile on this girl's face. 

"I was just about to ask where your cronies were," Lu Ten said, crossing his arms over his chest. "I guess you still haven't figured out how to think by yourself, Ty Lee. All you are good for is to follow every command given to you."

Ty Lee - the girl in the pink jumpsuit - gasped in surprise. Her face grew a little red as she ran away from them. Katara didn't realize that Lu Ten could be that rude because he was so nice to her, but apparently he knew these people and did not like them. 

Azula turned her attention back to Lu Ten. "You know where to find us if you want to join the winning group."

"Why would I ever join you?"