Chapter 30

The drive to Maryam's house was awkward and quiet, only the sound of the AC could be heard.

Muhammad looked at Maryam who has been staring into space for like forever and then back in front of him.

A lot of things were going through Maryam's head. She was excited as well as nervous, she never in a billion years thought that ya Muhammad had some kind of feelings for her. Even though some people told that he had feelings for her, she never took them seriously because it just did not make sense to her.

She has been crushing on him since like forever, but now that he told her his feelings, she just doesn't know what to make of it.

"Maryam you don't have to beat yourself up you know, I'll accept whatever decision you make. I just needed to get it out of my system." He turned, and their eyes met, but she quickly averted her head. "Follow your heart, okay?"

She nodded her head and said, "Insha Allah." Silently, such that only she heard herself. He also nodded and just then honked. She looked up and found that they were already at her house. The gateman opened the gate, and he drove in. He found a spot and parked, then looked at her.

"Thank you ya Muhammad." She smiled. "Always." He rested his head on the headrest of the car. He watched her grab her phone and put it in her bag. She was about to get out, when he said, "the painting."

She looked at the neatly wrapped painting, and smiled saying, "thank you." She grabbed it and just then Muhammad dumped a bag on her thighs. She looked at the bag then him in surprise, "what is this?" She held the bag. "It's a little gift for you." He said huskily. "A gift, wow! thank you." She strapped her bag around her neck and opened the bag. "No no, you know you aren't supposed to open a gift in front of the giver right?" He said with a hint of smile in his voice.

She chuckled and nodded saying, "right." She looked at him and their eyes met, "thank you." He nodded with a little smile and told her to greet his sisters. She said "Insha Allah, please greet mummy for me. He said Insha Allah he would, and she got out. She waved at him and walked into the house.

Once she was out of sight, a slow smile made it to her lips. As for Muhammad, he rested his head on the wheel for a while, said some supplications, before driving home.

——————

Maryam dropped all of her stuff; her veil, bag in their room, but carried her gift and painting with her to mama's room, but she found only ya amma and Yasmin in the room. She salaamed and they answered. "Ina mama?" She asked looking around.

"She went to Aunty Binta's house." Ya amma said sitting up. "So...how was the date?" Yasmin asked teasingly wiggling her eyebrows. She blushed and sat down, "you won't believe what happened." Yasmin and ya amma looked at each other and laughed saying, "what?"

Ya amma noticed the bag she was carrying and squealed saying, "what's in there?" She moved to collect it, "wait now!" Maryam held out her palm, "we'll get there."

They sat down, and she told them all that had happened. In the end, Yasmin held her mouth, and ya amma stared at her wide-eyed. Maryam pointed at her and laughed saying, "exactly, that was my reaction too."

"Dama all this while..." Yasmin started. "Wow. Masha Allah. Ni it's the way he confessed for me." Ya amma said. "I know right." Maryam squealed. "You know before he dropped me, he was like 'Maryam don't beat yourself up okay? I'll accept whichever decision you make. I just needed to get it out of my system, just follow your heart." She mimicked Muhammad. "Oh ya Rabb he is so cool."

"You know I was so surprised I didn't know what to say. I didn't say anything." They all laughed and she smiled saying, "Now let's see what's in here." She opened the bag and hurled all of the contents on the bed.

Kindred Ties On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara