Chapter 8

"Saadah no, you are insane," Maryam said laughing. She was on the phone with a friend. "Okay then, we will talk later insha Allah. Bye" She disconnected the call, then looked at Abdallah who had one of his legs on his seat, and was using his phone.

"Ya Abdallah, please try his number again." She pouted pushing her glasses up her nose. She was tired of waiting, and she didn't want to be miss baba because he won't stay long. They came here about 10 minutes ago, and have been waiting ever since. Just for Muhammad for come and collect something.

He dropped his leg and turned to her saying, "this is the fourth time you are asking me to call him and I did, and he told us he would be here soon, I'm also tired Wallahi."

She huffed in annoyance. She opened the mirror of the visor, and started applying the lip gloss she had in her hand. "I just don't be late, and I don't know what's taking him so long. Just to come out and collect a message."

Abdallah smiled, and looked at the entrance of habil cafe. Right at that instant, Muhammad walked out with a mimi beside him. "Oh, speak of the devil, and here he comes." Abdallah said, looking at maryam.

Maryam looked at the muhammad. He was wearing a smile as he said something to mimi, while his way to the car. Maryam then moved her gaze from muhammad to mimi, she had on a maroon floral material sown as a fitted gown. She was also smiling. She looked beautiful.

She quickly averted her gaze, and looked back to her phone. Abdallah rolled his window down, grabbed the hamper from the back seat, and placed it on his lap. "Maryam, isn't mimi your classmate?" Abdallah asked. "She was, but she changed schools."

He nodded his head in understanding, then shook his head smiling. Maryam looked at him suspiciously and said, "what is it? You look like you have something to say."

"It's just that she used to be in your school, you are supposed to be happy to see her but the moment you saw her, your face expression changed. So..." Maryam placed her palm on her forehead before looking at Mimi then back Abdallah. "We do not get along, i can't stand her at all. She is so fake."

Abdallah looked at her amusingly, clearly wanting to hear the rest of the story, but she kept quiet and turned to the window, away from them. She rest her head on the headrest. "It seems I'm not the only person that doesn't like her." He muttered under his breath.

Muhammad and mimi crossed the road, and made it to car. He lowered his body to the window and looked at Abdallah apologetically then at Maryam.

"You just had to make us wait, yeah?"Abdallah handed the hamper over to him. "I'm sorry," he muttered looking at Maryam. She tried to smile cheerfully. "Thank you so much." He sighed then looked at mimi who was standing behind him, wearing a small frown with her arms crossed. "You can smile now," he said, showing her the hamper. She grabbed it from his hand, and look inside of it before a smile of joy lit up her eager face.

"Thank you my love."
He nodded at her then looked back at them.

Abdallah noticed the way mimi was purposely ignoring them, so he decided to at least say something. "Hajiya mimi," he said with a mischievous smile. She plastered a fake smile as she looked at him, "Oh hy."

Muhammad's smile faded and his expression changed. Maryam who was also listening in on their conversation made a wry face shaking her head in disappointment. "Come on babe, let's go," she said pulling his arm.

He looked at Maryam before saying, "I'm sorry maryam for delaying your trip, and thank you."

"No it's fine, i would be able to catch baba if we leave now." He stepped back, and nodded. "Alright abdallah, carry on."