Chapter 21

Muhammad woke up around 7:30am, he gently removed the needle tucked beneath his skin, and entered the bathroom to perform ablution. He came out to mummy also stirring awake. "Sannu mummy." He said and smiled a bit at her. She looked him over to make sure he was okay, before saying yauwa sannu. He laid out the mat that mummy had borrowed yesterday, and started praying.

Mummy also performed ablution and prayed. They finished praying, and sat reciting supplications. Mummy prayed for his health and safety. Once he had finished, he looked at mummy, and said, "good morning." She nodded and said, "ya jikin?"
"Alhamdulillah." "Toh madallah." She smiled, and then grabbed her phone and started reading the Quran. He got up, and laid on the bed watching her as she reads. He stayed like that until he fell asleep again.

...

He woke up to mummy gently nudging him, saying, "muhammad get up the doctor is here." "Huh?" He stirred up, and gently opened his eyes to meet mummy's gaze. "Doctor Aslam is here to see you." She said and looked behind her.

He followed her gaze, and found the doctor standing by his head scrutinizing him. "Are you okay?" The doctor asked. Muhammad nodded and grabbed the water bottle from the bedside drawer, and gulped half down. "Sure?"
"Well I've seen better days." He said, and the doctor smiled a bit.

"I see you have removed the IV." He nodded at the bag. Mummy looked at it then at Muhammad who casually nodded saying, "well I needed to get up, and i didn't feel like dragging the whole thing with me, so I just removed it. Besides, it won't harm me would it?"
"Of course not, dr Muhammad." He joked and they all laughed. "Gaskiya you look better compared to yesterday."
"Alhamdulillah."

The doctor came and checked his temperature and other stuff. "So when did you start experiencing the pains?" He asked sitting across him. Muhammad looked up at mummy who was watching them intently and clutching his test results in her hand.

Doctor Aslam followed his gaze and looked at mummy as if asking her to leave them alone. She stood her ground, and said "doctor Aslam why? I'm pretty sure if I am not here I wouldn't know anything about what exactly is wrong with my son."

Doctor Aslam chuckled and nodded, "true true, he wouldn't allow me to tell you." Muhammad closed his eyes and breathed heavily.

"So, how is he? What is wrong with him?" Mummy stared desperately at the him, because the way muhammad was yesterday, really scared her.
"I don't know yet, but can you give me the test results?" He motioned at it. She quickly smoothed it as if willing to smoothen the crinkle. "Sorry." She said and passed the result to him. He nod his head in understanding and glanced at the test result for a while.

Mummy and Muhammad stared at him as he hums in understanding and checked the other papers as well. "So Muhammad, when did this pain start?"
Muhammad cleared his voice and said, "about a month ago."
"Where do you feel the pain most?"
"My lower abdomen. It is uncomfortable, painful and it just twists my organs. And it feels heavy, sometimes even my lower back." Muhammad said. Doctor Aslam yet again nods his head and looked at the test result.

Mummy looked at both of them saying, "doctor can you please tell me.. us what is going on?"

Doctor Aslam looked at her and motioned for her to wait a little and said, "you said you take some painkillers, but it still doesn't stop."
"Yes, it subsides a little."
"How long does the pain last?"
"Sometimes hours, there was this time I stayed up all night in pain. It doesn't last for less than two hours."
"Muhammad based on your report and what you told me, I don't think your illness can be treated medically. Sure I can give your some drugs that would help reduce the pain a little but it can't be cured medically."

Mummy bewilderedly stared at him saying, "what doctor, I don't get what you are saying." Muhammad also said, "is there an illness that cannot be cured?"
"Yes, there is. I'm not saying that it can't be cured, there is a way for it to be cured completely."
"Wait doctor, tell me what is wrong with me?"

The only illness that was going through mama head was Cancer. Oh ya Allah please let it not be cancer. She prayed.

"Your seminal vesicles is full, and naturally you know there is a physical push, need for release." Muhammad's eyes widened and blinked in understanding. But mummy stared at him dumbfounded. "What seminal vesicles, what is that supposed to mean?"

"What I am saying is muhammad needs a woman." He paused to let that information sink in mummy's head before continuing, "His body desires that immensely. The desire for it is stimulated by the buildup of sperm cells and seminal fluid in the seminal vesicles, so when the seminal vesicles are full, naturally there is a need for release." And he explained everything.

And then they all sat in silence. Doctor Aslam looking between them, Muhammad looking at the floor, while mummy just sat there registering everything. "So doctor you mean if he doesn't..." Mummy trailed off not knowing which word to use. "Yes, hajiya it might kill him. So I advice he get married as soon as possible or else..."

Mummy quickly shook her head and looked at Muhammad who had his head hung down. "Isn't there something other than that that can be done?"
"I'm afraid not hajiya, I can give him something to reduce the pain but not the illness, other than that, just keep praying." "Ya ilahi." Beads of sweat broke out on her brows.

"I would send a nurse with the medicine, and then you can leave." They thanked him, and he stood up and left. They stayed quiet for a few moments, before mummy looked at him. He was deep in thought. "Muham..."
"Mummy don't worry, insha Allah everything is going to be okay." "Your father..I need to speak with your father." She said and got up, grabbed her phone and left the room.

He leaned back, propped his chin in the palm of his right hand and closed his eyes, losing himself in a sea of thoughts. He has to get married... he needs a woman...he has to save himself.

But he doesn't have anyone in his life at the moment.
.
Fatima🥀