Chapter 4

It was the conveyance of Bride (kai Amarya). The bride was clad in a royal blue with a touch of purple lace which was beautifully sewn into a blouse and skirt. A big white veil was draped over her head.

They were all in Alhaji Abduljabbar's living room downstairs, the elders were advising Munira about marriage life.

"In yace bari ki bari,kiyi mishi biyayya Munira I repeat kiyi mishi biyayya. Ko abu bakine yace fari be toh ki barshi a fari (if he asks you to stop then stop, respect him Munira I repeat respect him. if something is black and he says it's white then so be it.) Munira don't argue him, don't raise your voice at him." Hajiya Mama crooned, putting an arm around her.

"No marriage is perfect in this world, whoever says his marriage life is perfect then wallahi he's lying. We all have ups and downs in life but if you put your trust in Allah (SWA) then you can overcome anything." Aunty Hauwa added.

And it kept going on and on until it was finally time for her to be taken to her in-laws.

They all went out to the house compound, "Oya put her in the car so we can go, as it is we are about an hour late." Munira's maternal aunt; Aunty Samira said opening the door for her to enter.

"You have to go now." Aunty Nafisa said in a low voice. Munira clutched onto her as she cried. "No..no mama I don't want to leave you. Mama please."

Maryam couldn't hold the tears that were threatened to fall. She felt for Munira, she doesn't even know what she would do if it was her in her place.

Aunty Nafisa who was also crying tried to peel Munira off her chest and when she finally did, she handed her over to mummy and went back to the house crying.

Mummy held her to her chest as walked them to the car. "Allah ya bada zaman lafiya Munira," she said as she helps arrange her dress so she can sit comfortably.

Munira quietly nods trying her best to stop crying. Mummy gave her a smile and a hug then closed the door.

The Bride was in a black Audi with some of her Aunts, Anisa, and best friend. While the girls Maryam, Aisha, Yasmin, Jannah, Ya amma, and Nabila got into the Mercedes behind the bride's car. Then the bride's other friends got into a Venza.

They left the house in convoy to the groom's family house.

Abubakar's family welcomed them with open arms, they presented the Gara(foodstuff given by the bride's family to the groom), the budan kai was also conducted then finally after everything she was taken to her house in which was in Unguwan sarki. It was a beautiful duplex.

The aunts left while the girls stayed chatting and having fun until Abubakar and his friends arrived.

"They are here!!" Yasmin squealed drawing close the curtains when she saw three cars drive into the compound. "Let's go Munira." Zubaida; one of Munira's best friends said taking a hold of her. Anisa and Jannah also got up and made their way to the bedroom. Munira chuckled as they pull her into the room too.

Maryam and Aisha stood by the door, while ya amma, Yasmin, and two of Munira's maternal cousins and friends sat up properly waiting for the groom and friends to make their appearance.

"Assalam Alaikum." Each of them greeted as they opened the door and walked into the house. "Waalaikum Assalam." They replied each looking at one another.

Abubakar looked at each one of their faces which carried a mischievous grin. "Oh come on, don't tell I have to pay to see my wife too." He groaned making all of them laugh. "Of course, that's a must," Ya amma said looking past Abubakar to musty, who was also looking at her.