Chapter 3

19th October 2019.
M A R Y A M

"Ya Allah!!" She exclaimed as soon as she woke up and looked at the time. It was an hour pass fajr prayer. She recited the waking up supplication stretching.

She briskly got out of bed and dashed into the bathroom performed her ablution and prayed.

After praying, she said her azkar and left for mama's room to greet her.

This is what they do every day, they pray and greet Mama before going back to sleep then later on in the morning they do their daily chores.

🌙🌙

"Ya Maryam!! Ya Maryam, wake up. Ya Maryam." Adnan shouted pushing her blanket from her body.

She pulled the blanket back and snuggled more into it pushing him away. "Go away." She said in a sleepy voice. "Adnan just leave her alone." She heard Adda Amma's voice say. She smirked as she heard Adnan groan and walk out the door.

Now I can get a good sleep before these people come again

"That way we can go without her." And that made Maryam sit up straight. "Go where?" She asked looking at the time, it was past 11.

"Where were we supposed to go today?" She stood arms akimbo frowning at Maryam. "I don't know, where were we supposed to.." She stopped in her mid-sentence. "Oh ya Rabb. I am too forgetful these days."

She jumped from the bed and made her way to the bathroom. "You better be fast because mama said she wouldn't wait for anyone when she is ready to leave."

Then she walked out.

Mama would do that

She grabbed her towel from the bathroom, undressed, and got in the shower.

She showered as fast as she could and got dressed in a maroon Ankara gown. "Maryam we are leaving," Mama shouted from the hallway. "Mama please wait for me, I'm coming." She shouted grabbing her black veil and handbag.

She slipped into her black flats then walked out. She came across Fatima in the hallway. "Adda, Mama said you should lock the front door and meet her in the car."

"Okay."

🌙🌙

Mahmoud took a sip from the coffee mug in his hand. "He is always working. Does he ever rest?" He asked looking back at Muhammad who was seated on the dining table talking.

"Nidai I am hungry. I asked mama to send someone with our food about an hour ago but the person is still not here." Abdallah rolled his eyes as he made his way to the fridge and opened it.

"If you are so hungry, why don't you go and get the food yourself," Mahmoud asked placing the coffee mug in the sink.

"Because there are a lot of women in there and I don't..."

"Hey, do you mind? I'm on a call here." Muhammad interrupted looking at them with a stern look. Mahmoud raised both his hands, looked at Abdallah, and walked out.

Abdallah groaned and walked back to his room.

"Oh I'm so sorry, what were you saying?" He said politely looking back at the screen. He was on a video call with doctor Asad; who is a resident at the hospital he works at.