Eisuke-eight

The next morning, mom, dad and I went out for a change to a restaurant for lunch at nearly twelve.

"A Chinese restaurant?" I ask when we are standing in front of it.
"Yup, Eisuke reserved a table here."
Just as we are about to step in, dad stopped walking and looked straight ahead, I followed his gaze and saw a man who looks in his late 40s or early 50s.
"What's wrong?" When I already figured it out, mom asked.

Then, the man spots dad as well, and they began to throw daggers at each other. Who's that? I thought. They most definitely didn't look like friends.

"What're you doing here?" The man asked in an irritated tone.
"None of your concern." dad replied while mom had a worried look on her face. Only I was clueless of who this person was.

"I'm just simply having a meal with my family, nothing illegal, Mr. Ichinomiya."
Damn, I don't even know who he is and I already hate him.

Dad smirked and begun, "Tadashi Matsuura, you..."
My mind blanked out when I heard his name. Matsuura? Isn't that Ayden's uncle?
I took a look at the two adults throwing daggers at each other.
He and dad are probably rivals. I thought. Wait, then does that mean I should see Ayden as an enemy as well?

Tadashi Matsuura's intrude ruined our whole day, I've never seen dad that annoyed, not even the first day I saw him. he announced us going back to the hotel and walked off.

Leaving mom and I hanging, I heard her sigh.

"...he's always opposed of casinos in Japan." After hearing mom's explanation, I know that that guy is a politician who's trying to make casinos here illegal again.

It was 2:30 pm.

Up on the rooftop, I sat on the edge of the roof. I'm not sure I should see him anymore. His relative and my dad are at each others' throats.

"Hey." I hear someone call out behind me. I recognize that voice. He came over and sat down beside me, his inky hair shifted pass my vision.

"How'd you know I'm here...?" I murmured.  

"This place is like our secret meeting spot by now," he said in a cheery tone. He definitely waited for me for at least half an hour at the casino, but he doesn't sound mad at all.

Then, there was a long blob of silence. For once in my life, I'm the one who couldn't stand it and spoke up first. He's just way too much of a mystery that I can't stand it.

"Seriously, Ayden, who are you? Why're you always here?"

That came out sounding more irritated and hurtful than I intended it to.

Ayden's POV

"Seriously, Ayden. Who are you, why are you always here?" she asked in an irritated tone. Did I do something to upset her? I thought. Wait, I'm the one who waited for an hour in the casino. Why is she losing temper so bad right now? And speaking of who, who are you? 

"If you work here part time like you said, you sure gotta lot of time in your hands." She says, seeming like trying to soothe her tone, but it still came out as bitter.

"Why're you being so difficult? I don't even know your full name, and you expect me to tell you everything about me?" I argued back with a small frown.

Suddenly, she looked guilty, "no...sorry, it's my fault."  

I immediately felt bad, "I-I'm sorry, too." 

I'm such a pushover for this girl. Since when have I acted like such a wimp? As I put down my hand, it landed on hers. I remember how she reacted to my touch last time and quickly pulled my hand away. 

That meeting ended up awkward, she got a text from her dad asking her to go back. She muttered that they had a guest this afternoon and she needed to be present. 

I sighed for the hundredth time on my way back home. As soon as I got to the mansion, in the living room, uncle was pacing around, a vein popping on his neck. 

Uh-oh. I know exactly what'll happen when I say, "uncle, what's wrong?"

Mentally opening an umbrella, he started babbling: "...and now he has a daughter!" I wasn't listening until he said that. Eisuke Ichinomiya has a daughter? Since when? 

"They reunited just a bit over a week ago." Uncle explains, "and I think I heard her mother call her 'Akemi', but..." and goes back on about the hotel.

Akemi? 

Akemi's POV

We're on the fourth floor of the hotel, at shops of dresses and skirts.

"Oh! How 'bout this one?" despite knowing he has a lover, Carolina still won't give up on showing dad she's the 'right one'. She picked up a black lace dress that was way too racy for someone her age to pull off.

"Sure, why don't you try it on?" dad said without even looking up from the dress shelves. Mom didn't come with us, she said she's had enough of Carolina. Bad memories, eh?

He refuses, but Carolina insists on him showing her to the dress rooms. She's an important guest, dad can't disappoint her. 

When I'm left alone, Cole came up to me. He was wearing gray and black today, with dark blue sneakers. He didn't wear a hat and his dirty blonde hair was--surprisingly--neatly combed. I remember Ayden's hair was a little long for a guy, but just the right length, and it was always neatly combed.

"You should try this one on," he said, handing me a long ruby gown. I needed to be polite, so I took it over. 

I spun when I finished, Eisuke turned around and had a shocked expression on his face, then smiled. "You're gorgeous. I'm feeling like a proud dad already."

I turned when I heard the sound of a camera clicking, and noticed that Cole took a picture on his phone of me spinning and grinning. 

"You look beautiful." he whispered to me, when I tilt my head in confusion, he just smirked.

When the day ended, I log on to my online school and caught up with work I didn't finish. Yes, I was always still keeping up with school despite all the craziness that's happened around me. Good thing I can take my school anywhere I go.

Cole's POV

While Auntie was gushing over Ichinomiya, I checked around the store and picked out a dress I thought was perfect for Akemi. 

And I was right, she looked like a principessa. Italian for princess. I snapped a photo before anyone noticed, and put it as my screensaver and background image. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1073 words

--Lillie (ーー゛)

Edited = May 14, 2016

Instagram - seika_akashi