Soryu-three

'sorry I was outta touch last night. C u in the evening'

I texted Hikaru while holding up my head with the other hand. It's times in the mornings like this that I'm bored. I don't have any online classes today and my job doesn't start until six p.m.

Currently sitting in a café by the windows on high seats, I let the salmon colored dress flow to my ankles. Baba had somehow gotten me this, even though I wear dresses as rare as rainfall in deserts, I didn't have a choice then. Ota had helped me with combing through my hair, letting it down naturally chest-length. With a salmon-sequenced hairband over my long bangs that's tucked behind my right ear to go with the dress and heels. I still remember Eisuke, Baba and... Soryu's face when Ota was done with me. It was priceless yet hilarious. Ota's a frickin genius.

My three-inch heels stuck through the foot rest on the high stool, my legs angled naturally showing off their slenderness. The natural curls in my hair made me look--never thought I'd use this word on myself--cute.

So boooooored! I yelled in my mind. My right hand clutched onto my phone as my left held up my head, trying not to fall asleep. There's no way I'd feel comfortable in the hotel penthouse, so here I am.

And now that I've actually found my dad.... My brain started steering so I sat back up straight. What am I gonna do? Maybe I should spend some time with him first....

"Yo. Goin' through a train'a thoughts?" my head flipped to someone suddenly taking a seat beside me. From his expression, it looks like he's hitting on me, but don't they usually say 'you alone?' or something like that? 

"Are you sure you want to be here?" I ask him with a raised eyebrow, "I'm waiting for my boyfriend, he's gonna be here any minute now."

That is what I usually say to let other guys back off. I'm not in a mood to put up with some player who only knows how to sweet talk right now.

"You don't have a boyfriend." He stated. I looked him in the eye, he doesn't show any waver. "I've been watching you for a while now. No girl waiting for her boyfriend will have that bored attitude you showed."

That caught my interest. The thought of 'stalker' didn't occur to me. I can feel the edges of my lips curl up into a small smirk of interest as my eyebrows raised a bit up as well. But he wasn't completely right, I do have a 'boyfriend', I'm just not waiting for him right now.

"Watching me?" I'm sure he caught the glimpse of hint in my eyes saying that I'd like to keep talking.

And so we did.

"The name's Daryl." he smiled at my intent to keep the conversation flowing. His single dimple showed.

"Yui." I gave out my name right after. It's not like I get the hots for this guy, it's just that I'm really bored. And since he's not like every other guy, it won't hurt to have a little one-time talk. I'll probably be forgetting him tomorrow.

I like how he doesn't start off with asking personal questions, like 'where do you go to school' or stuff like that; he doesn't ask why I'm here alone and bored; he doesn't ask for my number straight away.

"Well. How's life?" he meant it as a casual question as he set a cup of smoothie in front of me. My favorite strawberry mango and orange. He bought it for me and I gladly took it up. Come on, who doesn't like free smoothies?

"Twisted." I summed everything up while taking my first sip. He nodded slightly, peering at my face while I look out the window. To my surprise he didn't ask anything else of the subject.

Our never-ending conversation was cut when a clear tone rang through the air. My eyes fell to his pocket, where the sound came from, his phone was probably ringing.