Soryu-Six

Yui's PoV

I stared out the window as he drove, trying to make as less conversation as possible. He, on the other hand, seems to be trying to make me talk.

"So, ask me whatever you like." He ended in a sentence, which I didn't even bother to listen up until then. The hotel was only a block away, just one more traffic light!

"Um... how old are you?" my tone came out as questioning my question more than asking the question.

"Twenty in a few more months." He winked at me. So he's nineteen. I like it when there are a few people who're just a bit older than me. It makes me feel safe. 

"And you're seventeen, right?" he asked back. Just to be polite since he answered me, I nodded.

I'm not good at acting out emotions, so I mainly just remain stone faced at everything so my enemies won't be able to tell anything.

As the convertible stopped in front of the huge hotel, I tried to open the door, but it was locked. I couldn't find the little thing by the doors that unlocks it inside. What's wrong with his car? It's like the passenger couldn't get out until the driver says so.

"Um... can you open the door?" I ask quietly, not to be intimidating or anything, just because I felt tired at my long day.

"Hey Yui." His tone leaked seriousness so I reluctantly looked up at him, "can I have your cellphone number?"

Ah. I knew it. All guys are the same after all.

Just as I was about to refuse, the look on his face said that he won't let me out until I do. Darn. I heaved a small sigh before handing him my phone, for him to punch in his number. The corner of his lip curled up, almost to a smug smirk. As if he's saying 'trick succeed'. It alarmed me. Maybe I'll block his number later on....

"Thanks." He said. Then there's the simple 'click' sound indicating the doors were unlocked. I quickly pushed open my side of the door.

"See you around." His indifferent parting had me stuck for a second. That's exactly what he said the first time we met, at the cafe. And true to those words, we did meet again.

"Thanks for the ride." I show none of my inner concern on my face as I walked into the hotel lobby without looking back, not even a glance. I hear the sound of the engine and the car speeding away when I stepped into the building.

In the penthouse lounge, Ota and Baba were the only ones there, probably talking or so. The others are probably all in their suites.

"Oh hey!" Baba greeted as soon as I walked in. I didn't bother to reply.

"Sor has a job to do until later, he told you to behave and go to sleep first." Baba added.

"What job?" that caught my curiosity. I know what mafias are but I'm not sure what they do all day. Kill people? Rob banks? Kidnap the wealthy and threaten for millions?

Ota chuckled, "that's nothing you should worry about, Yui."

I rolled my eyes at them before going in to Soryu's private suite. These heels are killing me.

I slipped the picture of mom and dad holding hands on a snowy day out of my inner jacket pocket. Mom looked so... peaceful, and happy. So did Soryu, he had a gentle smile on his face, which isn't something I had seen on him in person so far.

Suddenly, the door slammed open, causing me to jump in surprise while quickly tucking the picture away. I turn to Soryu stomping in. I was sitting right on the living room couch.

Oh my lord. His clothes were slightly torn, red patches all over. Who knows if it's his blood or the victim's. He placed two guns down on the dining table, and then slipped off his jacket.