Soryu-one

Yui's PoV

"Mmm!"

He kissed me fiercely by surprise. I just watched him  with disinterested eyes as he nibbled on my bottom lip again and again. I know what he wants, but I don't do it.

Hikaru Ryuichi, the person I made a deal with.

He pulled away after he realizes the boredom clearly shown on my face.

"Why?" he asked and narrowed his eyes.

"Me kissing back wasn't part of the deal." I say back and cleaned up the beer he just spilled when he gave that surprise attack all of a sudden.

We're at a bar, where he almost always hangs out and where I work part-time. I need all the money I can get.

Confusion was clear shown in his eyes. He was a handsome guy, no doubt, and he was well-built. But no, he doesn't attract me. Guess he never got brushed off as much as he got from me.

Hello there, stranger. My name is Yui Oh. I'm seventeen this year. I have sapphire-black with hints of dark blue and dark brown hair almost always tied up in a high pony tail that reaches just a bit further than my shoulders, and a pair of matching dark blue orbs. I'm gorgeous, I know that. That's why Hikaru agreed to our deal. If I was a nerd, there's no way in hell he would've.

Hikaru is—according to his fan clubs—the hottest guy in our grade.

I should probably explain our deal.

"I'll get another glass of wine." He said to me and I grabbed a bottle and a glass.

The deal was, he offers protection for me while I give him answers on tests so his dad won't kill him. He doesn't have amazing grades but I did. Also, revealed in public, I'm his girlfriend. I have no idea why about the last part. But he isn't some buff who just hangs around the streets and get into fights. He is a buff who hangs around streets getting into fights AND wants to pursue his dream as a football player; but his dad doesn't approve since his dad is a lawyer and he hopes Hikaru can follow his footsteps.

Why do I need protection? Well you see, four months ago I disappeared. I left home. And as well as I trained myself I'm still not stronger than a guy. Hikaru has a huge gang of 'bros'. And they're all jocks. I feel more secure and safe with them around me almost all the time.

Safer, anyway.

Hikaru is the same age as me, but I finished high school and dropped out before I was supposed to graduate. I'm now taking online college whenever I can.

"Call me whenever and I'll pick you up, okay?" Hikaru said as he stood up. I nod back at him.

When work ended for me, I was in a private change room at the back of the bar.

I slipped out a gun from my clothes pocket.

Mom had trusted me with this when I was only sixteen. She said my father gave it to her some time before she left, and that he always carried it around with him before giving it to her. So now I'm on my own, without parents. All the while looking for my dad. I searched everything mother owned to get clues. Finally, in her old phone, there was a photo of her and a tall man together.

As for the reason I'd left home...

"Hey! Is anyone still in there? We're closing in five!" the manager shouted. I quickly gather all my stuff and headed out, stuffing my gun in the inside of my boot.

The second I stepped out of the bar, all my sense of security was lost. I need to call Hikaru.

My hands were trembling as I tried to take out my phone. Yeah, that's how badly nervous I was. If you've seen what I've seen and done what I've done, you'd be nerve-wracked, too. My pace quickened until I saw a huge flash of light to my right and I looked up.