Mamoru-one

Mamoru-one

Spoiler alert: I just wanna say that I called Mamoru's dead partner being a guy the entire time. How can the MC not? When they talked about Minami they never used 'he' or 'she'. So then she went ahead and blabbed on about "I know you still love her" blah blah shiz.

Ok I'm done. And now... the first chapt of Mamoru! :D

Kyoko's PoV

I leaned against the window frame while they gave the lectures to the newbies. This is the best Investigators College Academy in the entire country, and yet these professors are so clamorous.

Out of all the people in my high school who wanted to get in this college, only 3 people actually did.

That's me, my childhood friend, and his roommate. The one standing stiffly at the front and the other one who's looking around with curiosity shining in his eyes.

Another thing is, I'm the only girl in this entire room.

Although probably nobody notices since I blend into backgrounds easily. My forever-messy ash gray hair is chopped at shoulder-length so it won't get in the way. My eyes are the color of smoke, they are usually dull in a bored manner.

"Kyoko Kishi?" The head investigator called out my name in a rather weird manner as if he's seen it before.

"Here." I push out the word. He looked at me, adjusted his glasses, and glanced back down at the name list.

They continued to do the attendance while I spaced out. I didn't have a very legitimate reason for wanting to become a crime investigator or detective. All I did know was that I might be able to meet my father through work.

It wasn't that hard to question mom until she spilled what dad's career was. I'm not trying to reunite my family or any cliché shiz like that.

"Alright!" the loud voice of a commander roared through the room. Everybody bolted upright.

"There are thirty-six of you right now, and by the end of this trainee mission I'm about to give to you now, there will only be thirty of you left! You will be working in groups of three..."

He proceeds to explain about our first task. The organizations suspect that a particular hotel and business group is running a black market auction. However, they have no lead on where it's located.

Are they seriously putting such an important task in the hands of newcomers?

We split up into 12 groups of 3.

"Yo, Kyo." Yoshiro, an idiotic guy friend of mine, waved me over. He seems like the kind of person who never takes anything seriously at first, but his physical abilities are no joke. That's probably how he got in because he failed most of the actual write-ups.

"Wanna team up?" Takumori, my stiff and silent childhood friend, been next-door neighbors since kindergarten, until I moved out and lived on my own. His tests average is over ninety-five and he's amazing with weapons. Just like his name, he's honest and very trustworthy.

"Sure." I finally stand up straight. Yoshiro tosses me a folder containing the necessary documents. I flipped it open.

"Tres Spades Hotel and Casino?" I read out loud. Where have I heard this name before? "How do you suppose we're supposed to find out?"

"Well, we have to go undercover, right?" Yoshiro asks.

"Yeah, the point of this test is to see if we have detective instincts." Takumori examines the picture taken of the large hotel.