Eisuke - Five

Arian's PoV

Akemi couldn't help but beam a huge smile as soon as she returned. Her smile was fascinating as much as it was rare. All the guys stared in awe. 

"See what Eisuke got me?" she held out her brand new laptop excitedly, and she started talking about her day, the corners of her lips still curled up. 

I gave Eisuke a pleased smile and he returned a confident smirk. I'm so glad that they got along so well. I smiled genuinely. 

Suddenly, Akemi stopped talking and the usual stone expression returned on her face, and she tilted her chin up. A suspicious scowl overcame her face.

"Something's not right." she muttered, then stood up, dropping the laptop on the couch. 

"What?" Ota asked, "do you not like the laptop?"

She stared right into my eyes, "this brand is very expensive, you know it. But you didn't say anything in politeness to Eisuke." she deduced. "you two seem way too comfortable for old friends."

I gasped, I was way too vulnerable. I fell right into my daughter's little trap. She had been acting as soon as she stepped in the door and paid close attention to my reactions.

Akemi crossed her arms and drummed her right-hand fingers one at a time onto her left arm--something she usually did when she was running out of patience.

Eisuke swallowed quietly, but didn't speak, probably waiting for my opinion.

How can I still be such an idiot? Akemi has just as much scheme as Eisuke. They both can lure me into their traps easily. That thought always frustrated me. Of course I wouldn't accept it if just a friend bought such a luxurious gift for her, like Soryu or Baba, but Eisuke's her father. If he wishes to, he could. But she doesn't know that, not yet anyway.

Akemi was doing what she always did when she's demanding an answer.

Just for an instant, a mixture of hesitation and hope crossed her facial expression. The outer ends of her eye brows tilted down slightly, a sign of unexpected sadness.

She figured it out, I thought. Akemi was bright, like her father. Once she settles on something she could figure it out quick just by looking at the people who know the information.

Sighing slightly and inhaling once again, I look into her eyes the best I can and confirmed her suspicions, "Akemi, meet your father," she jolted. 

"This is Eisuke, Eisuke Ichinomiya."

Akemi's POV

"Akemi, meet your father. This is Eisuke, Eisuke Ichinomiya." mother said.

My gaze shifts to the man standing near the couch. He was looking at me as well. As our eyes met, I cannot read his expression, I'm pretty sure neither can he, his eyes bored into me, but not in a cold glare or scary kind of way. 

How do I feel? Depressed? Excited? Disappointed? Happy? Unsatisfied? Forgiving? I had no idea. The atmosphere just stayed like that for quite some time until Baba spoke up. 

"Can you two please talk? I feel like I'm standing on thin ice here."

I would if I could. I thought and briefly closed my eyes. My mouth won't move. 

Finally, I exhaled shortly and stood up, then walked over to Eisuke.

Eisuke's POV
She walked towards me.
What's she going to do? I felt myself think under subconsciousness, yell at me?

My mind was still screwed up when she is right in front of me, looking up into my eyes. Then, she slipped her arms around my waist and tucked the side of her face into my chest. It's an embrace. 

A daughterly embrace.

Akemi's POV
Feeling strong arms returning my hug, I tighten my arms around him a little and turn my face into his chest.

No matter what, he's my father and this should come before any lecture. There was a lot about his and mom's story that I don't know about. If they could still be like this after eighteen years. I'd rather give them the benefit of the doubt.

When I slowly pulled away, I headed back to the couch. Picking up my new laptop and holding it while sitting down, I looked up at a stunned dad and a relieved mom. I was probably pulling a really irritated face, cuz mom quickly walked over and sat beside me while dad took a seat on a side couch.

My fingers start to tap unconsciously on the cover of the laptop.

Arian's POV
She's pulling her gimme-an-explanation-now face. Why is my own daughter even meaner and demanding than her father? It feels like I'm like a servant more than anything.

I took her hand and also for Eisuke to learn the full story, I started from 17 years ago when I felt uncomfortable and went to the hospital for a check up. 

Ayden's POV
(from earlier that day)

I quickly ran off when I heard Eisuke Ichinomiya's voice. But why is he looking for her? I thought after I turned a corner. What does Akemi have to do with him?

Akemi asked about my background. Well. He is my mother's cousin's stepfather, so I'm kinda like a distant nephew to him. With no blood relations, that is. He is very opposing of casinos in Japan, and there is one in Tres Spades hotel and casino, he's a politician, and he's trying to make those casinos illegal again. But apparently, the Ichinomiya group is too powerful. He's still not giving up. And he's Tadashi Matsuura.

He's a strict man. But he's kind to me most of the times. Although I hate doing so, uncle wants me to spy around this hotel for any illegal information. 

I was in the middle of a very long battle with my father that I even had to drop out of high school, and uncle assigned me this mission to keep my mind off of things. 

That day, I was trying to get ahold of the entire building. So I went to the roof. I knew Ichinomiya's room was on the top floor and the roof was the closest to it. I never intended to hang down from a rope and act like a super spy, I just did it just in case so I won't crash down the building welcoming death.

Apparently, that was a wise choice. I got blown off and dangled down. That's how Akemi and I met.

The first thing that really came to mind was that she was beautiful. I feel myself wanting to know more about her.

Now that I've reviewed my background, I'm interested in hers. She can't be a simple guest of his when he just shouts her first name and she called him by his first name.

Speaking of first and last names. I don't even know her full name.
Maybe I'll ask her that the next time I see her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Update after three days.

Sorry but a wattpad book caught my attention and i used all my time reading it for the past four days! And I only updated once for three days.

I know it's a lot less often compared to the rapidly updating I did in winter break, but there's this thing that takes up most of your time.

The media's of Eisuke's blush! I've only seen it twice, in his sequel and in a substory.

As always, thanks for reading! Like & comment! :D

--Lillie

Edited: May 14, 2016

Instagram - seika_akashi