Chapter 13 part 3

Start from the beginning

"Choose a number

"Choose a number." He gave me a strange look before choosing 3. "1,2,3, okay choose another number." I could tell he was thinking how odd this was but he kept going along with it. "Five," he said to which I opened the side with the five on it. I looked down at it and put on a sympathetic look. "Be careful, the world is going to deal you a painful blow, proceed with caution," I said as if I was delivering the worst news. "What?" He asked humorously. "That's what your fortune says," I said as if I truly believed it. "Let me have a look at that," he said reaching for it but I pulled it back. "You only get one fortune," I said seriously. "And why is that?" He asked. "Because those are the rules," I replied. "So you're a fortune teller," he stated almost teasingly. "This is serious Tom, I'd be careful if I was you," I said acting as if this was real. "I'm sure you would," he said of course being nonchalant as always. "I'm going to return some books to the library, you're welcome to join me," he said as he shrugged on his coat. "No thanks," I said disgusted with the idea of facing everyone. "The longer you stay separate from them the more you'll feel secluded," he said while gathering up his books. "Thank you captain obvious but frankly I rather stick needles in my eyes," I said as I walked towards the bedroom. "Suit yourself," he said. "I seem to be missing a book, do you have it?" He asked as he sorted through the plethora of books in his arms. "Do you really think I'd take your book? All you read is boring ancient information about long since forgotten magic," I said with a laugh. "Forgive me, I've seem to have forgotten you only read children's picture books," he said sarcastically. "I will neither confirm nor deny that allegation," I said with a cheeky smile. "All jokes aside Roslyn where is my book?" He asked. "How am I supposed to know?" I asked. "You're the the wife, you find things," he said slowly as if explaining something to a child. "That makes no sense," I said to which he rolled his eyes. "It would help if you'd clean as you're supposed to," he said as he picked up a quill from the ground. "Hey I do clean," I defended, clearly I was bothered by this comment. I looked around our living quarters and began rubbing my hands together nervously as I saw it was just a tad unkept. "Kind of," I added with a nervous grin. The look on his face was a sarcastic 'yeah sure'. "Hey give me a break I've only been doing this for three days, I'm bloody trying," I said angrily as I stalked off towards the bedroom. I heard him sigh from the other room as I left probably annoyed with me as he lifted things and tossed things around looking for his book. "Maggie has found the-" Maggie was cut off by a loud 'plop' and a painful growl from Tom. I quickly walked back into the room and saw the large book laying on Tom's foot as he was slightly hunched over in pain. I gasped and had to hold back a laugh as Maggie scrambled to apologize. "Your fortune!" I exclaimed humorously as I pointed at the book. He looked up at me and glared before leaning down to pickup the book and setting that same glare on Maggie but it was far more intense. This has the potential to get dangerous. I quickly speed walked over to Tom and took his hand. "Let's go return those books," I said softly tugging on his arm. He clenched his jaw as he looked at Maggie in disgust as she cowered back in fear. He tore his hand from my grasp and began reaching for his wand. I instantly reached out my hand to grasp his which held his wand, and began rubbing his back comftingly with my free hand. "Tom stop," I said with strength in my voice. I have no idea how to talk someone down from a raging fit but this is how I always saw my mother do it. "Come on let's go," I said a little softer. "Come on she didn't mean it," I said to which he slowly tore his eyes off Maggie and stared down at me with fury blazing in his eyes. "Let's go I want to go with you," I whispered once again tugging on his arm. He looked back at Maggie and slowly tucked away his wand thankfully. "Filthy house elf," he said with vemon oozing from his furious voice. I looked towards Maggie who was shaking nearly in tears before I felt  Tom roughly grasp my arm and pull me out of the dormitory. His hold on my arm was growing painful as he feverishly sped though the halls with me at his side. I didn't even think about interrupting his fast pace as I could see just how mad he was. It was just an accident, and surely it wasn't that painful. One thing's for sure, Maggie needs to stay far from Tom.

   For some reason he decided to spend some time in the library instead of our humble abode. Maybe to let off some steam before seeing Maggie again. I sat beside him as he flipped through his newfound books. We hadn't said a word to eachother since that little incident and we've been here for an hour. Seeing the anger in his eyes earlier makes me reluctant to say a word. I would really like to go back to our dorm and lay down but I can't find it in me to interrupt this silence. Maybe if I show him I'm tired he'll let us go back. I pretended to yawn hoping he'd get the clue but of course he didn't. I frowned and looked over at his focused face. I am actually pretty tired at the moment. I scooted closer to him and then laid my head on his shoulder. He's sure to get annoyed and offer to go back so I can go to sleep. However, this time he did something truly unexpected as he instantly snaked his arm around my waist resting it on my baby bump. He didn't even look up at me as he did this almost as if it was second nature to him. I smiled a bit at this action, perhaps he's just becoming more comfortable with me. After a little bit I readjusted so I was leaning into him more and he tightened his arm around my waist keeping me close. I felt so safe and warm in this position with him, it's almost as if I could fall asleep. It was so strange and unusual to be this close to him but it just felt alright to me in this moment and so I closed my eyes.

   Suddenly I was shaken awake but I was so tired I snuggled back into the pillow I was laying on. "Roslyn it's nearly after curfew." Why would I care if it's after curfew if I'm in my room- wait this pillow feels a little weird. I used my arm that was tightened around the 'pillow' to push myself up and saw Tom staring down at me in amusement as I tiredly stared up at him. I quickly sat up rubbing the sleep out of my eyes seeing that I had fallen asleep cuddled into his chest. I must've shifted in my sleep. "Where are we?" I asked sleepily as I wrapped my arms around myself feeling how cold it was. "We're in the library, come on let's go back," he said helping me up. "I'm cold," I whined knowing he'd give me his jacket and of course he did. What a gentleman, seriously evil, but still a gentleman. We began walking back and I was honestly embarrassed for cuddling up to him like that. He probably thought I was pathetic. However, something peculiar about it is that he allowed me to do it. He wasn't mad or annoyed like I'd think he would be. He used to abhor any kind of physical contact with me so I stopped even trying, but I've noticed since we've been married he's become more comfortable with it. I've spent the last few days staying strictly to my side of the bed making sure not to touch him because I'd believed he wouldn't like that very much, maybe I was wrong.

      Upon arriving back to the dorm I instantly went and climbed into bed. I felt extremely cold laying down on my own in the bed. His body was so warm and I miss that warmth dearly as strange as it sounds. I felt the bed dip beside me as he too finally made his way to bed. I don't feel as comfortable as I did in the library, I'm bound to be wide awake all night. Seeing as we have classes tomorrow that's definitely not a good thing. Five minutes pass by and I still can't seem to get comfortable. Slowly I picked my head up and turned to see his still body beside me. I didn't even think twice before getting up and crawling closer to him laying my head on his chest and curling my body into his side. I felt his body stiffen, and for a second I thought he'd tell me to move but he suddenly relaxed under me and shifted a little so his arm was around me. I smiled as I began to embrace this huge advancement in our relationship. Seeing as we skipped the courting phase and went straight to marriage there is sure to be a lot of those. Though I know ours is a loveless marriage it doesn't prohibit us from being friendly. Sharing his warmth is friendly. Cuddling up on his chest is.....friendly.