Chapter 34

I feel like this is totally their song ^^^

   Spell after spell flew around the wooded area. Of course Tom was eager to jump at the opportunity to teach me a thing or two about what I'm doing wrong with magic. That is when I finally asked him a week after our fight when I finished swallowing my pride. While the babies are locked up tight in our protection charmed house we quickly snuck off to the woods just a short walk from our house. One of the hard things about living in muggle London is concealing our magic.

  I ducked out of the way of a spell flying towards me as I lost my concentration. It hit the tree behind me making it wither. "Wow wow wow that was a bad one!" I exclaimed as the tree behind me lost all of it's leaves from the effects of the spell. "It shows how much faith I have in you, stop breaking your focus," he said. "Okay I know you can probably take out an army of experienced wizards by yourself and still the most dangerous spell I'm throwing at you won't do more than spray you with water," I said crossing my arms. "I swear it's like you want to mutilate me," I said leaning down to pick up one of the burnt leaves. "I don't, but other wizards will want to do much worse," he said plucking the leaf from my hand and crushing it in his. "Regardless of that, I'm going to be pretty angry if you hit me with whatever that was," I said motioning to the dead tree. "Dearly noted, next time i'll opt for something more delicate," he said with a roll of his eyes. "Let's get back to the house before someone sees you in trousers," he said hitting my wand out of my hands with his. "Hey that was petty," I called from behind him as he walked off.  He hates that I wear trousers instead of dresses when it's just him and I. They're much easier to duel in and much more comfortable. Men of the 1040's aren't fans of women in trousers I've learned.

   I picked up my speed catching up to him, and then leaped to jump on his back. I laughed as I caught him off guard wrapping my legs around his waist. Leaning down to kiss his cheek I wrapped my arms around his neck. "Could you be any more juvenile?" He asked. "Actually yes I can. You're no fun, I liked you better at Hogwarts," I said as he carried on walking with me on his back. "You mean you liked being treated like a project?" He asked in his odd joking kind of way. "No but you didn't criticize me as much," I said as I saw our house in the distance. "That's because you were pregnant, I didn't think that you were that strange normally. Unfortunately I was wrong," he said. "Hey I'm not strange," I replied. "Okay trousers," He said looking up at me with a smirk. "Just because I'm not the type to wear dresses all the time doesn't mean I'm weird. Oh and whatever I am you made me sir. I was quite normal in the future," I said. "I made you like to wear trousers?" He said humorously. "Will you drop that? Besides I happen to know you like the way I am," I said playfully. "Really? How so?" He asked. "You married me, twice," I said with a smile. "Can't argue with you on that one," he said. "I know," I said playing with his hair. "Someone needs a hair cut," I said gathering his wavy hair in my hands. "Someone needs to dress like a proper lady," he said to which I laughed and softly pulled on his hair. "Stop that, wearing trousers doesn't make me any less of a 'proper lady'," I laughed. "Since when did I say you were ever a proper lady?" He asked but my attention was on something moving in the bushes. Suddenly a little furry head popped out of the shaking bushes. "Oh my gosh!" I exclaimed as I hopped off of Tom's back. "What? I was joking," Tom said thinking I was referring to his foolish rude comment.

   I sprinted over to the tiny puppy that walked out of the bushes and onto the path. Squatting down next to it I picked up the black and white pup.