Chapter 5

Katy and Tom led the lot of us to Slytherin common room and Tom informed us that the password was "pride." I noticed how he couldn't be bothered to spare me a glance though I couldn't tear my eyes away from him. I know my face probably told everyone I was in pain, but I couldn't contain my internal conflict from effecting me. We were instructed to go to our dormitories and believe me I couldn't be more grateful to get out of this situation. I thought of saying a brief apology to Tom, but I knew it wouldn't do any good if anything I'd just be making things worse. I took one last look at him and sighed before going up to find my dorm. I found my dorm and found out I was sharing a room with Genevieve, Mildred, and Gertrude, what are the odds? I wonder where Millicent's ancestors are. I walked into the room to see only Gertrude inside unpacking all her things.  "Hey, Gertrude," I said with a smile. "Oh hey Roz! Genevieve is in the bathroom, and Mildred is saying goodnight to her boyfriend. Where are your things?" She asked to which my eyes widened. "I uh, I'll be back," I quickly said rushing towards the door. "Where are you-" I cut her off by running out the door and sneakily making my way towards the common room entrance. I looked around before dashing out the door quickly making my way towards the room of requirement. How could I forget the about house elf? She's the one in charge of the fate of my loved ones, I need to stay on good terms with her.

When I got there I thought of the fact that I required the presence of my house elf. A door appeared and I entered the room seeing the house elf snoozing on a couch next to an open fire. "Hey come on get up," I said shaking her awake. "My apologies Miss Roslyn! Maggie is very sorry but she was very tired and-" I interrupted her rant. "Shhh it's okay but we have to go. I have to get back to the common room without being caught by a prefect." She nodded and we quickly made our way back. Suddenly I saw light coming from the other end of the corridor. "Its a prefect!" I whispered to Maggie. "Hey you there!" The prefect yelled moving towards us. "Run!" I whisper yelled to Maggie. I pulled my cloak closer to me to conceal my identity as we ran. We sped down the corridor the way we came and managed to lose him. I clung to a wall trying to catch my breath. I looked at the other end of the corridor and who shall I see illuminated by the torches on the wall but Tom Riddle himself. His back was to me. "It's Tom," I told Maggie in panic. "Miss Roslyn must tell him now!" She whispered urgently before I quickly covered her mouth. "TOM RIDDLE!"she yelled but it was muffled by my hand. I picked her up and ran back down the way we came. She started screaming and I heard Tom's quick footsteps behind me. "Shut up!" I whisper yelled harshly to her. So much for staying on good terms with her. I was already on terrible terms with this guy I don't need to go making things worse. I definitely need to find a better time to tell him about the plan. Perhaps when he's in a better mood.

     I ran all the way back to the room of requirement and ran into the room that popped up when I thought of needing some where to hide

    I ran all the way back to the room of requirement and ran into the room that popped up when I thought of needing some where to hide. Upon running inside I saw a room with about a thousand doors. I quickly ran into a random door just as I heard him walk into the room. "I know you are in here! You will just make your punishment worse!" He called out. "You'll be in so much trouble when the dark lord hears about this!" Maggie whispered furiously. "Shhh not now. I'm going to tell him but not when he's steaming mad. Just give me a day, one day to get comfortable before I tell him please Maggie," I pleaded with her. "Maggie will give you one day but that's it!" She said making me sigh in relief. "So how are we gonna get out of this?" I asked her as I listened to Tom open up different doors. "Sacrifice, Maggie will run out and lead him away. Count to 30 before running back to your dormitory," She said handing me my bag of shrunken items. "What? No he'll hurt you!" I exclaimed quietly. "Maggie made The Dark Lord a promise to protect you and the baby, this promise does not exclude protection from himself. Maggie will be up to your room in no time," she said compelling me to agree. "Okay go but run fast and be careful." She nodded and sped off. I heard Tom yell and heard his footsteps running after Maggie.