Chapter 24

Rain, everywhere all over the place coming down like cats and dogs. We were sitting out on the veranda so my family was sheltered from it for now. I walked over to Tom who was still eating looking unbothered by the rain. "I'm gone for five minutes and you go and do this." I said jokingly motioning to the rain causing him to roll his eyes. "It was an impulse," he said sarcastically. I smiled at him reaching forward to put my hand on his shoulder. I was suddenly interrupted by the high pitched wailing of my adorable son. "Now look what you've done," I said sarcastically as I went to pick up Raven. "He's been quite fretful lately," Tom observed waving off my foolish false allegations. "Raven has a diaper rash," I stated as I rocked my son gently. "Is that bad?" Tom asked cluelessly. "No it happens to lots of babies, but it would be great if we could buy him some diaper rash cream." I said to which he nodded. "Of course," Tom said getting up from his seat. I don't know why that gave me a surge of excitement, I mean it's just diaper rash cream. I suppose that everything we do as a family makes me happy.

   Asking Tom to buy diaper rash cream for Raven made me feel like a real wife and mother if that makes sense, and not like this is just all a job. Kissing Ravens sweet little head I placed him down in the stroller giving him a pacifier to calm my sweet boy down. It was times like this I wish we had a car, I mean I know it's a muggle thing in this time but they sure seem helpful. We can't apparate because of the twins, it's dangerous for babies. Tom paid the bill and I pulled down the cover on the stroller before we quickly ran all the way to the convenient store in the pouring rain. There's some things dark wizards can't help.

"It be rainin' cats n' dogs ain't it?" The man at the convenient store said as we walked in soaking wet. "Yes it is," I said with a smile before going to find some cream for Raven's bum. "What is this?" I heard Tom ask from beside me. "That's a nipple." I said with a laugh seeing him holding a babybottle nipple. He hasn't seen a baby bottle for the babies yet since I'm still breast feeding them. He looked at me confused, analyzing the object in his hand. "For a baby bottle Tom, haven't you seen the ladies at the orphanage care for babies?" I asked taking the nipple in my hand placing it back on the shelf. "I couldn't imagine why I would bring myself to watch," he said picking up something else. "Beautiful family!" I heard someone say from behind us.

    I quickly turned to see a large woman in her late 30's staring with down at my twins. She had red hair and browns eyes, and looked like she wanted to eat my children for dinner. "Thank you," I said becoming uneasy as she got closer. "Oh look at the little dumplings Laurel!" She screeched to her friend who came running over in all her blonde glory. I looked to Tom briefly to see him grimacing at the women. I knew he didn't want muggles around his babies, being at the orphanage with them made him angry enough. "You have such beautiful babies, oh Yanny look at the little cutie patooties!" She said in a baby voice coming even closer. "We have to go," I said quickly backing up with the stroller. In all honesty I didn't like these muggles swooning over my twins either.

    I was both trying to avoid an incident including Tom's wand and those women, and trying to get my kids away from the likes of muggles. "Oh I just want to kiss him all over," the red head gushed. "My baby is very sick sorry," I said trying to get out of this situation turning to walk the other way. "Oh I don't think she meant the baby," her blonde friend said with an attitude directed at me, and a flirtatious giggle while looking directly at Tom. I covered my mouth in shock at what she just said before peering at Tom who was definitely taken back. Here I was trying to save them from my husband, and then I get hit with an attitude. On top of that she's attempting to flirt with my husband! "That's my husband you're talking about. Neither of you may touch either of them," I interjected quickly not knowing what Tom's next move would be. While I was focused on her friend's comment, the foolish red haired disaster reached forward and gripped her grubby fingers to my son's cheeks. "Stop touching him!" I exclaimed immediately reaching to slap her hands away as my son began to cry. I scowled at the scandalous blonde and her atrocious friend. "No need to be so ill mannered." She said looking at me with a disapproving look. "No need to be so grotesque," I bit back. I glared at them and with a quick glance at Tom I knew he had his own way figured out to hurt them more than my words could.