The Summer of Bravery. (chapter 2)

Hey everyone! This is Chapter two! I hope you like!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I looked out my window and then over at Travis and Mandy who had stayed the night. I could hear Carter fumbling around in Jason's room probably looking for an accuse to come in my room. He'd been doing that all night. He'd walked in on a couple embarrassing moments, me putting on pink PJ pants, his sister kissing Travis, Travis snoring while I tried to mask him out with the sound of my I-pod (what was embarrassing was that it was me and Mandy and we were singing in face masks, with brushes as your mikes singing 'my girl') He laughed and walked in picking me up and licking some guacamole off my face. I laughed uncomfortably, well wasn't that needy. He'd been this way for about a year. Flirting with me randomly and avoiding me at the same time. He'd been that way ever since Travis had come into my life. I thought maybe it'd change things. Maybe he was getting jealous. But nothing changed. Finally he came in with some of my cutoffs. The ones my dad said looked like the denim diapers on T.V. He walked over to me and sat on the side of my bed. My eyes following him the whole way. He looked at me.

"Are these your shorts?" he asked hesitant.

I looked over at Amanda who was snoring on my bed, and Travis who was snoring louder on the floor and rolled my eyes. Then I looked back at him.

"Yeah, they are."

He smiled at me and put them on my night stand. He then sat back down and created an awkward silence that left me wondering what he was thinking.

"So..." He trailed off the commonly known as failed conversation starter then looked ahead of him as early morning light peaked into my room through my window. I thought about how bad I wanted him out of my room, how bad I wanted this awkward silence between awkward friends to end. Then he looked at me.

"So...How are you and Travis...Considering-"

I laughed a little interrupting him.

"Were fine, I dared them to kiss."

Which I had it wasn't a lie. But I was lying considering we weren't even dating.

"Oh...So. I guess I should get back in there."

As he got up I pulled him back down.

"You've been making excuses to come in here all night. So just sit."

He smiled strangely and then looked at the window again. Before I knew it we were asleep again. Him sprawled out over my legs and his sisters, and both of up being crushed under him but not caring or realizing because of sleep.

When we woke up, he was gone. And he and my brother weren't in Jason's room. I walked down stairs in my tank top and white shorts I'd put on and looked around for anymore life in the house other than my friends in my room. All the staff had gone home and wouldn't be here till later, and my mother's car was gone. Along with my dad's. I rolled my eyes, neither of them were ones for goodbyes. I walked to the back deck ready for a long awaited cigarette before I heard my brother and Carter talking.

"So, there's this girl. And I like her but I'm afraid to tell her."

Carter began, I ducked behind an archway as they entered the kitchen and listened to them speak.

"Dude, you're the quarter back I'm sure she'll be fine with you liking her." My brother teased.

I slowed my breathing as Carter leaned against the counter.

"Yeah...But it isn't like that. This girl is different. She's just...She doesn't like me I know it."

My brother rolled his eyes and sat down at the kitchen table making a grunting noise. Carter followed and sat down next to him making the same noise.