43. Catching Up

There has always been a bad news that followed the good news. I woke with a very bad pain and hangover. I slowly get down from the bed and go to the bathroom to wash my face. My hair is becoming worse day by day. I pulling it up tight either into a  bun or I am braiding it.

I went downstairs to get some coffee. Carrying a gun around has become a habit to me.

The front door clicks and I reach my gun immediately. I point the gun to the doorframe and a dark figure emerges out slowly. I sigh in relief when I see Damon.

He gives me a half smile and he goes into the living room. I go and sit beside him in the couch. He looks to taken aback, dull and broken. The dark circles  are making it clear that he has been sleepless for days and his eyes are red and puffy. I give him his space. He needs it. I don't need him to tell anything. The only person responsible for his condition is Cara and I know that.

"She left" he says after a few minutes of silence. I rub his hand and pat him on the back. He sobs. He silently let the tears roll down his cheeks. I know how it feels. I pick the car keys and drag him to the car.

I drive to Julia's parlor and bring his favorite ice-cream and I buy him a soft toy in the stall beside her parlor. I pull the car in the driveway and pull him inside. I know it is late, but she won't sleep yet.

She opens the door on the first ring and smiles brightly. She eyes me and we speak with our eyes. I take him to the backyard and spread blankets Em gave me. She said she would come after Ethan sleeps.

Damon has always been a fan of light music, drinks and endless talks with me and Em. We have done this many times to enlighten his mood and I hope this would work this time. He deserves to be  happy.

Em comes sooner than expected. She adjusts herself in between me and Damon. We both start singing his favorite song "Perfect" by Ed Sheeran. His mood changes a bit, but he is still sad.

We speak about our childhood and how we used to tease each other. He always used to tease me by calling me smalls. He was soo tall since he was kid. And I look so small beside him. It is the same with Aaron, Aiden and Damon. They always treated me like a baby. I lost everyone now and I wish Damon and Em would be with each other and support each other. I want them to be together. They know each other well. And only Damon is capable of making Em feel happy and secured and the same with Damon. He will be happy when he is with Em.

I just keep looking at them. They both keep speaking about all the things they did when they were small and how they fought with each other to babysit me. When my parents are away for some or the other work, Aide, Damon, Em and Aaron used to stay back to take care of me. I just loved having them around and I loved having Aiden around. He was the best brother. He always used to support me and help me with everything. But not even a single tear comes down. And even a single smile.

Damon keeps going back to Cara at some point of time. He is not able get over her. I know she never loved Damon, but it isn't my place to tell him that in the first place. She was always over Aaron since we were young. "Don't think about the ones who left" I say the words out. I have been battling with the words inside. It was unexpected. I wasn't planning on speaking it out. 

They both look at me with the same expression. I have been battling with me to hold up my emotions after the news about Aaron. I have been waiting for him every day and every second. They words I said, applies to us three sitting here. We are still stuck up with the past and making it impossible for us to move on.

"Yeah don't think too much about the ones who left" Damon repeats my words. He looks at me and then Em. I know what he is trying to do. "Yes Mi, you have to move on." Em says holding my hand. "No, I am not going to" I shake my head in disbelief. Why don't they think that he will return for once. "You always asked me to move on and find a person to love me more. I will find one. So do you." she says in a worried tone. I know they care about me. 

"I asked you to move on a dead person, the one who wouldn't return. But you are asking me to move on a person who is still breathing somewhere" I say getting up from the ground and I walk towards my car. 

I pull the car in my driveway and sigh when I see Em's car. Em isn't that fast. It surely is Damon. He is waiting near the door and when he sees me he says "We three are going to see the therapist tomorrow". I stand there and just nod. If this is what he wants. He kisses my forehead and heads to the car. Just then Em gets down from the passenger seat and she sits in the driver seat. She smiles from her place and waves to me. I wave back to her. "Go slow" I shout but all I hear is the tires screeching in the driveway. They would never.