24. The News

Aaron's POV: 

She looks very happy on the stage singing. She sings her favorite songs from her albums. The way she moves around the stage is like she owns it and that this belongs to her.

When she finishes, the crowd bursts into screams and claps. They are enjoying her songs. They are enjoying her voice and her smile. She smiles very brightly on the stage looking at the happy crowd. And we are all proud of her. 

"As we already mentioned, I have a surprise for you and I hope you will like it" she says looking at the crowd. She told us that there is a surprise for everyone, but she never told us what it was.
She starts humming and it is so sweet. The choir hum along with her while the band play a soft music. It is very soothing. Everyone are so silent and she starts singing.

NEVER KNEW HOW TO CONTROL WHEN YOU ARE AROUND
NEVER KNEW YOU ARE THE ONE THAT MAKES MY HEART FLUTTER
YOU ARE THE ONE YOU MAKE ME COMPLETE
YOU ARE THE ONE  ALWAYS ON MY MIND
WILL I EVER GET TO BE WITH YOU...

Her voice suits the song well. This song is not from her albums. She is singing a completely new song. The song that she composed. Suddenly the doors behind her open and a man comes out. The crowd blasted in happiness. They are cheering with shock and happiness. 

And when I got to see who the person is actually, it is Noah Dolce. Her co-singer in some albums. There were rumors about them , but they always said that they are just friends. 

BABY I AM THE ONE WHO LOVED YOU FROM THE START
NEVER KNEW THAT YOU ARE MY SOULMATE
NEVER WANNA LET YOU LEAVE ME IN THE DARK
YOU ARE THE ONE ALWAYS ON MY MIND
BABY I WILL LOVE  YOU TILL MY LAST BREATH

He sings happily. He looks happy with her. And he looks handsome.

BABY I WILL LOVE YOU TILL MY LAST BREATH
BABY I JUST NEED YOU BY MY SIDE
BABY HOLD ME TIGHT
BABY  YOU ARE THE ONE ON MY MIND
ALL THE DAYS THAT I KEPT RUNNING AWAY FROM YOU CAME TO AN END
AND I WILL BE WITH YOU FOREVER
BABY I WILL LOVE YOU TILL MY LAST BREATH

They both look very happy. Never did they break eye-contact when they are on the stage. The keep looking into each others eyes while singing.  I feel jealous that he is getting everything from her now. She is happy around her. They both hold hands before finishing the song. 

Each and everyone here is actually happy with the sight before them. The only ones who are not happy are me and Cara. She is not happy to see her happy on the stage. And me because I don't want anyone to hold her hand. 

I went to the parking lot to enjoy the cool breeze. She always loved them. The cool breeze ant the night sky. She never gets bored of them. After sometime people start leaving. Everyone comes out. She changed into her shorts and my sweatshirt. 

She looks cute in my sweatshirt. I keep staring at her. By the time she notices me Cara comes to me and pulls me towards her. I pull my hand away from her and turn back to look at Mia. She keeps looking at Cara and if looks could kill, Cara would have died a thousand times by now.

She notices me looking at her and she immediately turns her back to me. As I was going to someone stands in between us. He leans forward and kisses her cheek. When she looks back to look at him she smiles brightly. And when she looks at me she knows that I am not taking it cool. She just pulls that guy far from him.

I couldn't see the man's face. Cara shouts from the car to get in. She surely is angry. She drives only when she is angry. I get into the passenger seat and sit silently. She speeds off. She always drives like a madman. I just keep silent. I can't deal with mad Cara and hurt Mia. They will kill people in these states. I relax when she pulls off at her house. I was thinking she will pull off at a club.

If she had taken me there it would have been hard for me to keep my promise that I have made to Mia. She asked me not to drink and I said yes. I never broke a promise I made to her.

After Cara gets down, I shift to the driver's seat and pull away from the driveway. When I reached home I park my car and I walked towards the cabin. 

I sit on the bench looking at the sky. I hear someone speaking. I think they are speaking on a phone. I move towards the voice and as I get closer I recognize the voice.

"What are you doing here Mia?" my voice scared her. She jumps in her place. She says goodbye to whoever the person is on phone and chuckles at something they say. She keeps the phone in her pocket and walks towards the house.

I follow her. "You didn't answer my question Mia" I say holding her wrist. She immediately pulls her hand away and rubs it. "You said I can come here whenever I want right" she says opening the door. She is mad. And that person would be dead if they are before her. She goes straight into her room and closes the door with a loud bang.

I love that she is here. She will be safe here. I will protect her. My phone keeps on buzzing in my pocket. There are missed calls from Damon and Klaus. I called Klaus first. He picks it up at first ring. 
"Did you watch the news or any social media platform?" he asks hurriedly. I haven't yet. 
"No I didn't" I tell him sitting in the couch. 
"See it dude" he says and cute the call.

Later I called Damon to ask him why he called. He repeated the same words Klaus told me.  

I opened my instagram. I haven't  used any social media for months. I follow very few people on instagram. Everything is normal. So I just turned on the tv to watch news. 

This isn't what I was expecting. The reporter says it's a big news for everyone. And why the hell is it a big news. So the man who I saw in the parking lot kissing Mia was Noah. Why couldn't I recognize him. Why was I so blinded before. 

"The two loving birds of the industry have been caught on screen finally. They have always been pushing the topic aside. But today the both sang a song about their feelings to one another. They sang how they miss each other. Later the couple was caught kissing in the parking lot. " the reporter keeps saying some bullshit.

There is no way that Mia is loving Noah. They both have been friends and they will be friends. I took my phone out to call the channel head. 
"Arrange a press meet tomorrow. They will speak about this on their own. And till then just stop this fucking news." I literally shout at him as soon as he picks up the phone. I cut the call after I said my part.

He knows me well. He stopped broadcasting that news in just a few minutes. I went straight to her room to check on her. She is sleeping soundly. I just keep a note beside her to get ready for the press meet tomorrow and I picked up a dress from her closet.

"What the hell is happening? Why didn't anyone tell me about this? " I wake up to her screaming.
I pity the person on the other side. I slowly get up from my bed and opened the door to go to her room. Her fist collides with my face. I groan with pain.

"You okay D?" she says cupping my face with her perfect hands. She inspects my face for some time and then moves back. 

"What's with the press meet?" she asks me leaning on the door frame. 
"You are going to tell them the truth. So get ready. I will come with you" I say trying to analyze her expression. I can sense what people are actually feeling by looking at their face, but she is unreadable. She just nods and moves to her room.

I was waiting for her in the living room. She wore the dress I picked for her and she looks pretty like always. I just feel an urge to kiss her, but I put that thought aside and opened the main door for her to go out first. 

Her silence is killing me and I am not able to understand what exactly she is thinking. She just keeps staring at everything around her.

"From when are you both in relation? Why have you been hiding it? " all the reporters storm her with questions as soon as she gets down from the car. I give my keys to the valet driver and take her in.

"Do you love him?" I ask her the one question that's been on my  mind. I know she doesn't, but I want to hear it form her.