23. Missing

Aaron's POV:

This is for our best. More for her. I hate hurting her but I end up hurting her. She is everything I have got. I called Em and told her that I am going to stay away from Mia for her best. She never complains but this time she is not happy. I couldn't tell her the real reason. She would breakdown and that is not good for her health now.

All this time Austin stayed with us like he really loves us, but he is been conspiring against us. I would have given him my dad's position if he had asked me for it. But he killed my dad for it, he tried to kill my sister and even his own daughter. 

For this damn position he lost his son. I thought he would regret it and I thought he was in pain. But when he tried to kill his own daughter I got to know that he never gave a shit  about them. I need revenge and in that I may loose my life or I may put her life at stake.

She needs to stay away. I look at the place where she has been before. Everything in this room smells like her. I can stay there forever with her. But I don't want her to risk her life for me. She knows that she is in danger, but she doesn't care. I dare not to loose anymore people. Not her.

Letting her go is the biggest mistake I have done in my life. I just let her go now and she went home. The place where she is unsafe. The place where her father, the person who tried to kill her present. Anything can happen to her. I should bring her back, but I don't know how. I'll do something tomorrow after the concert.

I tried calling her but she doesn't pick up. Maybe she is busy with the practice or mad at me. She practiced every day when she was here. I just listened to her from the other side of the door. Her voice is one thing I enjoy the most. Every sound that comes out from her is like melody to my ears.

I miss to have that by my side. I miss her eyes. I miss her words and I miss her love. I miss everything about her. 

I woke up to the sound of phone buzzing beside me. Last night I fell asleep thinking about her and thinking about what would happen to us now. The phone is still buzzing. I take the phone to cut the call but I accidentally pick the call. Just then I realize that it is Cara.

Cara's father has been the head before my father took over. They have been good friends. I always hated Cara's bossy attitude and she behaves like a bitch sometimes. She keeps on calling me , but I never attend her calls.

Today is going to be a long day. She is just screaming in the phone.

"Hey Cara" I say unenthusiastically.
"Aaron how you doing?" she sounds loud and happy.
"Fine. What made you call me this early?" I just want to finish the conversation fast.
"Let's go to the concert today. I've got tickets. And I don't accept a No. So pick me up at 6:00" she says and ends the call without giving me the chance to say anything. 

I spend the whole day in my study checking the records multiple times and to see if we have any clues to frame  Austin. But we've got none and I am not yet ready to tell anyone about this. But if I hand over this to the cops it might effect Mia's career. So I can't do that.

It's almost 5:00 so I took a quick shower and put on one of my sweatshirts and a blue jeans. The sweatshirt smells like her. Almost all my sweatshirts smell like her. I went to her room to check her wardrobe. And as I expected she has my sweatshirts. She wears mine and keeps some in my closet and some in hers.

She shows her love to me like this but never in words. And never directly.

I reached Cara's house in 10 minutes. I know that if she says 6:00 then it would be 6:00 or even late, but never gets ready a minute before. Her dad is sitting in the living room. She is upstairs getting ready and there is no one around. So I take this as a chance to speak to him. He didn't notice me before.

"Hey Aaron, when did you come I haven't noticed you come sit down", he says moving a bit in the couch. 
"I just came in Mr. Cooper" I say adjusting myself beside him. 
"Aaron , how many times did I tell you to call me Henry." ofcourse he always tells me.
"Actually we need to speak about my dad." I say looking at him and trying to read his expression. He nods and asks me to speak. I tell him everything except that Austin is the real killer.

All the time he just listens and nods to whatever I am saying. He shakes his head in disbelief.  "I'll try to find out Aaron. And I going to take revenge for your dad's death. By the way have you told Austin about it. He knows your father better than me." I just nod my head and say nothing. Speak to the killer about the killer. Great.

We both sit silently watching the screen absentmindedly. We both are not in a mood to actually watch anything that is playing on the screen. When Cara is in the room she makes sure that everyone notices her presence.

She comes making loud sounds on the stairs. When she comes out with me she always wears something to try to seduce me. But I never fall for her. I think she gave upon that idea today. She just wears a red crop top and a white shorts. 

We both leave the house and drive to the concert venue. Cara keeps speaking something to me. But I didn't pay attention. She punches my shoulder and I turn towards her. 
"Are you listening Aaron?" she shouts over her breath. I nod my head sideways. She stays silent the rest of the drive.

Mia never liked Cara. She always hated her. They both are like tom and jerry. They always fight. I don't know why Cara was so persistent on bringing me to the concert. 

Mia is getting ready. Claire and Suzy are doing her makeup and hair. Today even Evelyn and Olivia came. The boys didn't show up yet. I just sit in the couch outside the room and Cara sits beside me. 

Finally the boys showed up. I wasn't expecting Stephen here. He is as shocked as me to see me here. I just smile at him. They all go into the room. Cara gets up from the couch and pulls me to the room locking our arms.

I look around the room and I find Stephen and Claire together in one corner, while  Dylan is with Olivia in the other corner. Now that Claire is busy with Stephen, Evelyn stands in Claire's previous spot.

Mia gets up from the chair and turns back. 

She is looking very stunning in that dress. The dress I gave her long back.  Shining deep V neck grey dress with beaded sequins. It is backless. She looks so perfect in it. She always puts on minimal makeup. Half of her hair is braided and tied up and the rest is curls and left free. Everything about her is perfect and she looks like an angel.

She looks at me and then she looks at Cara. When she notices our hands, her expression immediately changes. Cara observes this and she moves even more closer to me.  

"Hey Cara, Nice to see you here, thanks for coming" Mia says hugging Cara and meanwhile pulling her away from me. I just laugh at that. They both smile, but I know their looks. They look at each other like they are going to kill each other.

I sit with Damon far away from all this drama. Dylan comes into the room to ask Mia to go onto the stage.

She leaves the room after hugging everyone except me.  She just gives me half smile and goes out. We all leave and sit in our assigned seats. Her mom is already waiting for us to come. Her dad is nowhere to be found. So atleast he is safe from me for today.

And when she comes onto the stage the crowd starts cheering and hauling. They are soo excited to see her. And so is she. She is happy on the stage. She is happy like this. I can't take that from her.