Chapter 9 - A Fight

CHAPTER 9

When my alarm clock rang indicating it is seven, I found Zone on the ground. I shook my head and left him there. I walked over to my closet and took my short jeans and a long t-shirt to tuck it into my jeans. I brought it into the bathroom and put it on the table right outside of the shower before walking into the shower. After I was done, I wrapped a towel around me.

When I walked out, I slipped and fell down on my butt. It hurt a lot and also my knees. I tried standing up and I managed to do so but it still hurt. I used the wall to support myself from falling down. I changed into the clothes I picked out earlier and blow-dried my hair.

After I was done, I slowly went out of the bathroom trying to not make it obvious I fell. I walked pass Zone finding him awake and said a quick hello before jumping onto my bed because there was nothing for me to use as, for a supporter. When I turned to look at Zone, he eyed me suspiciously before walking into the bathroom.

When I heard a click on the bathroom door, I quickly but slowly made my way to the mirror and sat on the chair. I applied some make-up before going back to sit on my bed before Zone came out. Realizing my socks, converse and bag are still in my closet, I tried to walk to my closet to grab them. I successfully got them out and when I walked out of my closet, Zone came out with his hair all wet. I was still far from my bed, so I plopped down on the floor pretending that I was trying to wear my shoes.

“What are you doing?”

“Ummm... Wearing my shoes? Duhh...” I tried to sound convincing by using my obviously tone but unfortunately for me, he didn’t believe me. Instead of being straightforward, he wanted me to admit that there was something wrong with me by asking questions.

“Why aren’t wearing it on your bed or on a chair?”

“I uh, the, um, shoes are dirty. I don’t want it to make the carpets dirty.” Good work, Cheryl. Well, it’s true. I don’t want my carpet all dirty though. Speaking of carpets, I hadn’t been vacuuming the apartment lately. I guess that would be my task later in the afternoon. Before my parents bought me this apartment, they said they wouldn’t hire any maids and they want me to clean and cook and do all of the things myself. I agreed since I was already used to doing all those back home when mom wasn’t around.

“Yeah, right. Then why are you sitting in a weird position like your knees hurt? Are you alright?”

I was? I looked at how I was sitting and it definitely was weird.

“And why are your shoes all the way there when you said you were wearing your shoes?”

I looked around myself and my shoes were nowhere to be found until I spotted them at the closet door. Dang it.

“I’m fine, thank you and when you suddenly came out, I didn’t have the time to correct my sitting position, plus, I threw my shoes all the way there.” I said a little too quickly.

He rolled his eyes. “We both know that’s not true but whatever, Cheryl.”

I sighed in relief. I crawled to get my shoes after I wore my socks. That’s when I realized I need to get back up. I used my hands to push myself off of the ground and I failed miserably. I landed on the ground with a loud thump.

“Oooff!” Zone laughed and mumbled something like, “You’re so not alright.” I stuck my tongue out to him when he wasn’t looking at me. I tried again and this time, I managed to stand up. I took my bag off the ground and grabbed my phone before shoving it at the front of my bag.

When Zone was done, we walked out while Zone locked the door and I went to knock on Kim’s door. Kim and Sha came out. Kim said a quick hello to me while Sha hugged me. I laughed at her personality. She’s so cheerful and adorable. After hugging Sha, Zone smirked at me. What, why?