Chapter 5 - The Start Of The Flashback

CHAPTER 5

 I was still glaring at Reece when someone nudged me at the side.

"Chel, you okay?" Zone asked me with a worried expression.

"Hmm.. Yeah. Let's go." I grabbed Zone by the arm and looked at Kim before I walked around Reece to get pass him. I was already pass Reece when he grabbed me by my other arm.

"Chel, listen to me."

"No! I won't!" I shouted at him and continued with a more softer voice. "Not after what you had done."

"You didn't even wanted to listen to what actually happened!" Reece shouted and gripped on my arm tighter until it actually hurt.

"Ow! Let go! I don't wanna listen to what you have to say. Your actions prove it all." I tried to let go of his grip but it was too hard. Reece was about to continue when Kim cut him off.

"Hey! Let go of Cheryl's arm!"

"Who are you exactly, to say that to me?"

"Apparently, I'm Cheryl's friend."

"Then you have no right." Reece winked at Kim and turned back to me. "Cheryl, list-".

"Dude, just let go." Zone walked towards Reece. 

"And didn't I tell you you have no right to do so? Oh. Your boyfriend, Cheryl?"

"No. Even though he's just my friend, he's much better than whatever you are."

"Whatever." He let go of my hand and I quickly checked on my hand to see if there's any bruises caused. Unfortunately, one has formed. Reece saw it and quickly apologized.

"Sorry, Cheryl. I didn't mean to do that."

"It's okay. But Reece, seriously, I don't wanna listen to what you have to say. I saw what you did with my own eyes on that September and I just... No... Sorry." I turned around without a goodbye and walked away making sure Zone and Kim was following. 

I turned to look at both of my friends. I know they really want to know what just happened there and who was that Reece guy, but they don't feel like asking. So, I decided to speak up.

"Guys, you may ask."

"Phew! Now, who was that? You never told me anything about Reece!" Kim said. I remember that night too well. I was too sad to tell Kim about it. I think I can try to tell her at the apartment later. Zone too maybe.

"Ummm... I'll tell you about it later." Zone looked like he wanted to ask but didn't wanted to poke his nose into my business.

"Zone, you too." I smiled at him. He gave me a wide smile and hugged me. I felt the world around me stop right there. When Zone moved away, the feeling faded. I wouldn't like Zone, ever. No... I won't.

~*~

"Tell me! Tell me! Tell me! Now!"

"Patient, Kim!"

"Okay, okay. But what are we waiting for again?"

"We're waiting for Zone, remember?"

"Oh yeah... Fine."

I was on my laptop on Facebook when a friend request popped up. I looked at who was it and this appeared with a photo.

Reece Luther
3 mutual friends

Should I accept it? Since that happened last year, why not? I accepted it and immediately Reece started chatting with me. 

Reece : Hey Cheryl!