Chapter 12 - A Diary

CHAPTER 12 - A Diary

Zone's P.O.V

I passed by Cheryl a few times, trying my best to not look suspicious. That was when I was too alert in getting out of school without being spotted by Cheryl and didin't even realized I knocked into her. She raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms like she was waiting for me to explain.

"What?" I said innocently.

"Oh, don't play innocent. Why are you so suspicious?" She asked me.

"No, I'm not."

"Yes you are." She said confidently.

"Well, no matter what, I got to go. And... I'm not gonna be at the apartment for dinner!" I shouted while running away from her. I walked out of the school entrance and called my dad. I dialled his number and had to diall a numerous times before he finally picked up. I don't blame him. He is a busy man.

"Hello? Zone? Did anything happen to you?" My father immediately asked me.

I laughed at him. "No, dad. I was just wondering if you can help me book a ticket to New York today?" I asked him hoping he wouldn't ask why. But my luck is not that good anyways.

"Why do you need to go to New York?"

"I just need to. I got to buy something there that is only available there."

"Okay then. Wait, don't hang up. Emily! Help my son book a ticket to New York right now!" My dad shouted. I heard an "Okay" from my dad's secretary.

"So, dad, how's business doing?"

"Quite okay. I mean, these few days weren't quite busy though. You mom and I would just sit in our offices and sign some letters. How's school? And how's the girl you said you were living with? Is she mean and selfish?"

'No, dad. She's nothing like that.' I wanted to say, but I couldn't.

"Nope. She might be a bit bossy sometimes, but I can live with it." I said.

I heard my father laugh. "Okay then. And your flight would be at 2:30 pm."

"Thanks dad, you're always the best."

We said our goodbyes before hanging up. I took a taxi to the airport hoping that there wouldn't be a traffic jam. I reached there in almost 10 minutes and got down and people stared at me like I was crazy for bringing nothing to a trip. I ignored them and I knew it would be a short boring ride.

~*~

As soon as I reached New York. I called a taxi again. It was in the afternoon, so not much cars were there yet. When a taxi stopped, I got in the car and said I needed to go to Privately Loud Bookstore. The driver nodded and took me there. I wanted to get Cheryl something she would use. So, I thought about what girls would like.

Last night, I thought hard and long and thought of a diary. Not just a normal diary but a nice one. I googled about diaries and eventually found a website which belongs to Privately Loud Bookstore. I viewed all the different diaries and one turquoise one caught my attention. I know that Cheryl doesn't like pink but she loves turquoise.

When I reached there, I walked into the big bookstore. There weren't only diaries but also different kinds of story books. I searched the shop for diaries but there weren't any. I decided to go to the counter to ask. A lady looking like she was in her mid twenties was sitting there on her laptop.

"Excuse me, but I wanna ask, do you sell diaries here?" I asked politely.

She smiled and said, "Yes we do. You have to design it yourself as in you need to pick what you want yourself so I can help you make one."