Chapter 3 - Prom Date

CHAPTER 3

I was pretty satisfied with my cooking. Zone and Kim enjoyed it very very very much I believe since they were eating like pigs. No offence. 

"Chel, I'll get going now. I forgot to do my English essay, actually. Sorry I can't help you clean up. Bye!"

"It's okay! Bye." Kim closed the door and I headed for the table where we ate our dinner.

"So, you're pretty good at cooking."

"Stop stating the obvious." Zone laughed and headed for the bathroom.

After finish cleaning, I decided to change into sweatpants and a roxy t-shirt. Since Zone was in the bathroom, there's no where for me to change. I decided to just change outside. I walked to the corner of the apartment and took off my shirt. Suddenly,

"Cheryl, do you know where's the sham... Errrmm..."

"BACK INTO THE BATHROOM! BACK BACK BACK!"

"Okay, okay. It's not like I've never seen more." he murmered to himself. I felt so embarassed and quickly changed into my shirt and shorts. 

"Done yet?"

"Yeap. You can come out, now."

I pretended nothing happened because it would be awkward. I went to my 'book collection' and took out the book "A Billion Dollar Girl". Mentioning 'book collection' makes me sound like a bookworm. Well, I'm not. I'm serious. ( A/N : A Billion Dollar Girl is a wattpad story. Make sure you guys check it out! It's my all time favourite. The author is "racingheart" ) I climbed on my bed and started reading from where I stopped last time. Getting really interested, someone interrupted me.

"You know, you have a nice body, actually."

"ZONE! You peeked?"

"Well, I can't control what my eyes see." He smirked.

I just kept silent feeling awkward and continued reading my book. While reading, I pretty much fell asleep. Even though I was asleep, I felt someone cover up my body with my blanket. I was too into my sleep to open my eyes and see who was it. 

~*~

"Cheryl." Someone whispered in my ear. I ignored the disturbance.

"Cheryl, wake up or we're going to be late." I ignored it but it continued to blab and blab. When I finally decided to open my eyes, Zone's blue eyes were staring into mine. I almost shouted when he covered my mouth. 

"Go clean yourself up. It's six thirty now. We gotta get going in 10 minutes. I don't mind being late but I know you do, so go go go."

"Where's Kim?"

"On my bed." I turned and saw Kim reading my "A Billion Dollar Girl" book with teary eyes. I laughed a bit because I kind of cried too. I sat up then stood up and walked to the toilet. After having a short bath, I wrapped a towel around my body and walked over to my closet and took a sweater and a pair of faded light blue jeans. I ran to the toilet quickly changing it and shouted.

"Done!"

"Okay, let's go." I seriously didn't wanted to be late because I was late for English the last few days.  

"Mind running, guys?"

"Anything for me." Zone smiled.

"I'm fine. I'll just walk. I'm wearing a skirt." Kim said.

~*~

We reached school and today, Zone stayed with us. We were laughing about this joke Zone was sharing until a poster caught my attention. This big poster on the wall saying 'Talent Show.'