Chapter 6 - The Reason To All The Hating

CHAPTER 6

"Who's the guy?" Daniel asked in a rather harsh tone. 

"Ummm... He's Reece Oliver." 

"Do you know him?" 

"I met him just now when I was waiting for Rochelle."

"Oh, okay." 

We stayed silent until my phone beeped. I checked and it was a message from Reece.

From : Reece Oliver

Hey, Cheryl! I had loads of fun talking to you. It was a great pleasure to meet you ;)

I smiled at his message. I don't know why but it feels like I'm slightly happier now. I thought about what I need to reply to him. I thought and thought until I finally just decided to type something simple.

To : Reece Oliver

I had loads of fun knowing you too :) 

I waited for his reply but it took longer than I thought. I was waiting holding my phone in my hands tightly. I was really impatient but decided to just chill. He's just a new person I met today. There shouldn't be anything between us. Finally my phone beeped again. I quickly read the message, my smile fading.

From : Reece Oliver

Glad you think that. Cheryl, actually, I'm kinda busy now. So, bye :) I'll text you some other time or we'll just chat.

I felt kind of sad that he's going. But why would I? Unless I'm beginning to have a crush on him. I mean, no, I won't but if I do, I don't think I can stop it. Let's just see what comes next.

"Who texted you?"

"Reece." I smiled at Daniel but he didn't smile back.

"How did you guys even meet?"

"Actually, he was with his friends when he came over to my table and started talking to me. He asked for my name and I hesitated. But he-"

"Wait, he asked for your name? Did you give it to him? Don't tell me you did!"

"Erm... I did? But it was because he told me his first, and that he had facebook."

"Okay, Cheryl but be careful, kay. Tell me what happened next."

"We started talking while I was waiting for Rochelle. When we were in the middle of our conversation, Rochelle texted and said she couldn't make it today, so I told Reece I had to go."

"Then? How did he end up waiting with you for me?"

"Wait, Daniel. But before I left, he asked for my number, so I gave it to him. He gave me his too."

"Why the hell did you give it to him?" Daniel shouted. I stared at him. Why is he getting so pissed off about this? It's not like Daniel at all. He hardly gets pissed off unless something or someone is making him really mad.

"Because I know him now. And why are you so pissed off about this, Daniel?"

"It's... Nothing... And you call talking to someone for a few minutes knowing someone?"

"Well, I do know some things about him now."

"Chel! It's dangerous. He might be some dude trying to-"

"You know what Daniel? Let's just drop the topic. I don't want us fighting because of a new guy I met."

Daniel stayed silent and focused on the road. He still looks mad. The car ride back was really silent. It was the type where it's really uncomfortable. I just stared out the window the whole time thinking about what Daniel had said. Maybe it is true that I shouldn't trust a guy I just met, so much yet. When we reached the apartment, I immediately unlocked the door and walked out. While I was getting out the car, I heard Daniel say something.