Chapter 11 - The Past Is Not Always Just The Past

A/N : Sorry for the extremely late upload, guys... But, enjoy! Since I'm typing this in the airplane ;) Well, probably a quarter of this was typed in the airplane x) And... I changed the cast for Zone and Lucas :) Have fun reading!

Btw, here's the recap, since I haven't been uploading since forever :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recap :

I nudged Zone and said, “Zone, come on!”

“Nope!” What does he want? Gosh…

“What, why?” I asked him.

“Kiss me and I’ll stand up.” He said with an eye opened. 

CHAPTER 11 - The Past Is Not Always Just The Past

Wait, what did he just tell me to do? 

"Fine, then suit yourself." I stood up and turned around.

"Come on, it's just a kiss, Cheryl." 

Is he serious? Just a kiss? No... I promised myself after what happened with Reece. Though I don't
want to tell Kim and Zone about that. I ignored him and walked away. I was about to walk into the doors but a hand grabbed my wrist and pulled me back.

"I'm sorry, kay?" He said apologetically.

I just nodded not wanting to speak. Zone didn't look convinced and raised an eyebrow. I shook my head at him.

"Come on, we don't want the Emerald wondering where you went."

Before we could get in again, Emerald came running out. 

"Zone! I've been looking all over for you!" She hugged Zone.

I rolled my eyes at Emerald and walked in myself while muttering, "More like you were dancing with other people's dates the whole time." 

I looked around for Lucas and saw him grabbing a drink for himself. 

"Hey Lucas." I smiled at him. 

He looked up and smiled too.  "Cheryl." 

After he got his drink, we talked for awhile until my favourite song played. I immediately pulled Lucas to the dance floor not caring about who I was pushing. When we got there, we danced and danced until most of the students were already gone. 

"Wanna go back now?" Lucas asked me, when he saw me studying my surrounding. 

"Yesh, but let me look for Zone first since we drove him here." 

Lucas nodded and said he'll be waiting by his car. I walked over to the last place I seen Zone and Emerald and luckily, they were still there, dancing. When Emerald saw me, her smile turned upside down almost immediately. I ignored her and tapped on Zone's shoulder. He turned around and smiled at me. 

"Yes?" He asked, politely. 

"Do you need a ride home? " I asked him. 

Before Zone could respond to me, Emerald jumped in between us and put one hand on her hip and said, "It's fine. I'll drive him back." and gave a fake smile. I decided to be kind to her this time, so I just smiled and nodded before walking towards the exit of our school hall. When I reached the parking lot, Lucas was leaning by his car looking towards my direction with a smile. I smiled back and got in the car.

"So, did you enjoy today?" Lucas asked me. I smiled and answered him. It was like that the whole time in the car.  Him asking questions and me answering or vice versa. 

"No, but I tripped on a rock. I didn't do it on purpose!" Lucas said while smiling.

I laughed at him. "But still... You were trying to say hi to an old lady and wink, but instead you fell?" Before he could continue, I laughed again. He just shook his head in the playful way. I continued again, "Then the old lady laughed at you? Epic fail, dude!" I laughed again and looked out of the window, but found that we were already at my apartment. 

"I guess this is it for tonight," Lucas said to me while smiling the very sweet smile I saw the very first day I met him in school.

"I guess so too," I looked at him and laughed again. I can't control imagining how he fell in front of a old lady.