Chapter 13 - I Saw It

CHAPTER 13 - I Saw It

Kim's P.O.V

"My mother..." Sha replied to Cheryl. I turned to look at Cheryl and realized something was really wrong. She looked really pale.

"What a bitc..." Before Cheryl could continue, she fell down to the ground and fainted. I was so worried. Both of my friends are hurt. What's happening? I stared at Cheryl, she looked like she couldn't breathe at all. Sha started shouting "Doctor! Doctor" repeatingly. She pressed the button next to her bed to call for the doctor. I bent down beside Cheryl and tried to talk to her, but I doubt she heard me. So, I ran out to the hallway and started calling for doctors or nurses.

When the doctor finally came in, we quickly told him what happened. I turned back to Cheryl but she already fainted. I was so worried. I watched as the nurses brought Cheryl to another room. I wanted to know what was wrong with Cheryl but I couldn't leave Sha alone.

"Just go, Kim." Sha smiled.

"It's okay. She's probably fine. The doctors are with her anyways."

She smiled worriedly but still nodded. I went back to where I was sitting before Cheryl came in and sat there knowing Cheryl would be alright.

Cheryl's P.O.V

When I woke up, no one was in the hospital room. I knew immediately I'm in a hospital room because I know I fainted. I tried to reach for the glass of water but instead I pushed it and made it drop down to the ground into pieces.

A doctor came in with a nurse. The doctor smiled at the mess I made and told the nurse to get the janitor to clean it up. 

"Are you Cheryl Lester? I am Doctor Smith." He said to me.

"Yes, I am, doc." I said nodding at his name. 

"Okay, good. Now Cheryl, you need to answer me honestly. Have you ever had asthma before?" He asked with a tiny smile on his face.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and shook my head. "I never had had asthma before."

"Not even when you were little?" Doctor Smith said.

"Honestly, I'm not sure, doc. I'm not really sure about my past, actually." I said honestly. I never really remembered how my past was. My parents never bothered to tell me. I was quite curious as to why did he ask me that, but decided to just drop it.

"Okay, so here's the problem... You have always have had asthma, Cheryl. But it was not as strong as it was just now since you don't run much, right?" Doctor Smith said.

My eyes widened. I just nodded at his question, unable to find the right words.

"That's good. You were lucky you fainted in a hospital. Or else... I don't know what may happen."

I was about to reply him, but he continued.

"If you don't wish for something like just now to happen again, you just not run too much now, Cheryl. Jogging is fine, but no more activities that will make you pant for air. And also, you must not get too nervous and breathe too quickly. Plus, something like just now, but not that serious, may happen anytime, anywhere, so you need to bring your asthma inhaler everywhere you go, understand? It only happened because you ran too much just now, and it became more serious, so you need to take care of yourself."

"Yes, I understand and okay..." I said, still a bit shocked that I have asthma. I never knew. I was really worried. What would happen if suddenly in class, I just couldn't breathe? I don't want the students in school to know I have asthma... Especially Zone...