Chapter 7 - Losing A Fake Prince Charming

Hey guys! Btw, this is still the flashback. It will end only until you see this :

“End of flashback.”

Have fun reading :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 7

When I woke up the next morning, my heart still felt like it was in a million pieces. I found Kim still sleeping, so I took a glance at the alarm clock in between our beds. It showed 8:45 a.m. I tried going back to sleep but I just couldn’t. I stared at the ceiling and closed my eyes. Immediately, the memories of yesterday came flooding in my mind. I felt my eyes water up but I controlled them. Kim doesn’t know anything.

Yesterday when I came back, my eyes were all watery and make up was smeared all over my face. Luckily, Kim didn’t look at me when I came in. I said a quick “Hello” and quickly ran into the bathroom. I wiped all of my makeup away and changed into my normal home attire which is a pair of sweatpants and either a t-shirt or a plain tank top.

“Chel, you awake?”

“Yes, I am.” I didn’t bother to look at Kim afraid she might see that I had hurt in my eyes.

“You wanna go out today?” I hesitated before answering. Going out might clear my mind from all the memories of yesterday. So I nodded yes, got up from my bed and went into the bathroom to take a shower and clean myself up. After a quick refreshing shower, I wrapped a towel around my body and went out. I opened the door of my closet and took out a pair of jeans shorts and a flower patterned tank top. I took my socks and a bag that I normally bring out for shopping and stuffed my blue long cardigan inside in case I get cold.

“Ready, Chel?” Kim asked. She was wearing a pair of high waist jeans and a t-shirt tucked inside her jeans. She looked good.

“Nope. I need to put on a bit of makeup first.”

I applied a thin layer of eyeliner and lip gloss. When I was done, I wore my socks and took my black and white converse and wore them. I stood up and realized Kim was staring at me.

“Now?”

“Yes. Let’s go.” I forced a smile.

Even though I talk like I’m in the mood for shopping or actually heading out, I’m not. I’m having a headache and it hurts! I tried to hide it inside of me so that Kim wouldn’t realize something was wrong. But eventually, she will. We walked down to the lobby and waited for the bus to the mall to arrive. We were sitting at the bus stop and I stayed extremely silent. I tried not to but I was afraid I would sound sad.

“Chel, you seem like you’re in a bad mood. You okay?”

“Yea, I’m just a little......... you know...”

“I don’t know, Chel.” Kim narrowed her eyes at me.

“Sorry, but I don’t want to talk about it.”

“Okay, fine.” I knew Kim would understand. She always has if I say I don’t want to talk about it.

After another short silence, the bus arrived. We got up and took our seats next to each other. When we reached the mall, we got out. I was thinking in the bus, I shouldn’t ignore Kim. Or else I won’t even enjoy today. So, I decided to just talk to Kim, not ignore her and actually, I want to buy lots of clothes and try on tons of them.

“Earth to Cheryl?”

“Oh sorry, Kim. I was uh daydreaming.’

She nodded.