Chapter 1 - How It All Started

CHAPTER 1 - How It All Started

I heard the water running as the sunlight pierced through the curtains. I stretched a little, took a glance at our alarm clock.

7am.

I yawned and stretched a little more but that was when it hit me.

What?! I was supposed to be at school by 7am!

Worried sick, I rolled out of bed.

Thud.

There you go, another fall on the ground.

"Seriously Cheryl? Again? You do know that has been happening every morning of the week right?" Kim chuckled. She looked through the mirror at me with one hand on her hip and the other holding her toothbrush in her hands.

I rubbed my butt where it hit the ground. "Oh whatever! We're late, Kim!"

"What do you mean? It's just 6am," she looked at with furrowed eyebrows.

I checked my phone this time and indeed, it was 6am.

"What's wrong with our clock?" I placed both my hands on my hips.

Kim gave a guilty laugh, "I kind of needed you to accompany last night to finish my homework?"

I stared blankly at her.

"What? I'm afraid of being alone.." She pouted as she walked towards her closet.

I sighed and freshened up before heading to the closet myself and took out a black tank top with blue skinny jeans.

We grabbed our stuff and headed out our apartment.

Here goes another day of high school.

~*~

Kim and I were just outside the school feeling pretty relieved to be in school on time. We were pretty happy until, we saw this ugly face. That only means that she is Emerald Roseline. She bumped into us without any sorrys. Kim immediately apologized but I did not even care about making her pissed. It's probably because she thinks that she's the queen of the world and can order people to do things for her. Without wanting to argue, we walked away. She shouted my name in high-pitch and took a glass of water and poured it on my pants.

"Aww... Poor poor Cheryl. She has wet pants." She said while giggling.

I was so mad at her that I slapped her in the face and smirked. Then you know what did Drama Queen do? She cried out loud. Everybody laughed at her. I smiled sweetly before saying goodbye to Kim since we're going to different classes.

I went to my locker and took out the extra clothes that I had already prepared for emergencies like this. After changing into a perfectly comfortable pair of jeans, I went to class and saw another person I hate, Zone Lavender. I love how I can always mock his last name. I hated him since primary school. He is annoying, stubborn and rude. But now, I wouldn't wanna piss him off since he's one of the populars.

Glaring at him, I suddenly realized that there were no more seats left except for the one next to Zone. I decided to just sit there since I have no choice anymore. I'm glad I'm in school because it taught me that Emerald is falling for Zone. Smiling at Emerald sweetly, I sat beside Zone.

Emerald is a popular. Normally, popular girls usually look pretty and gorgeous but for Emerald, I will never say that she's beautiful. If I ever did, I believe I was playing truth or dare and I was dared to say that. After class, I was pretty curious on where she was heading. When I realized she was walking to the Principal's office, I just can't control myself to not eavesdrop on them.

"Mr. Henry, I suggest that Cheryl and Zone shouldn't be in the same class since they're always fighting." That was SOOO not true. She's a pathetic liar.

"I will handle it"

When Emerald was about to come out, I hid behind a door. Mr. Henry listens to Emerald since she's rich and her father can technically control the school. I was really wondering what would Mr. Henry do.

~*~

In class, an announcement bursted into the speakers.

"I apologize for the sudden announcement but I'm still going for it. Cheryl Lester and Zone Lavender. Come into my office immediately."

What a rude announcement, wasn't it? We both walked silently into his office when he started to speak.

"Emerald Roseline suggested that you both shouldn't be in the same class since you both fight a lot."

I wasn't really surprised by that since I already knew about it but Zone gave Mr. Henry a confused look. He started to open his mouth when Mr. Henry started talking again.

"Even though that it was suggested, I will not seperate you both. Instead, you both have to live together. I found out that Cheryl lives in an apartment with Kimberly Paige. Kimberly will be moved to next door which currently will be paid by the school and I decided that Zone will move in with you, Cheryl."

I was about to open my mouth to say no but Mr. Henry continued.

"My decision is confirmed and I wouldn't want to hear any complains about you both fighting. Fighting is againts the rules and I don't want people randomly coming into my office to complain about you two. Understood?"

I let out a groan but still I still nodded while Zone said "Yes" cheerfully.

~*~

When I was walking back to the apartment with Kim, Zone came running to us. I rolled my eyes and ignored him even though he was shouting my name like a baby girl shouting for her mom.

"Hi, what are you doing and where's the apartment?" I ignored him again.

"Just follow us." Kim helped me answer him.

We were in a really awkward moment since we can't really talk about STUFFS if Zone's around. When we reacherd the apartment, Zone jumped onto Kim's bed that technically isn't her's anymore and went to sleep. I hated his attitude so I woke him up.

"Zone, my apartment, my rules. First, no eating food from the kitchen unless I say you can. Second, don't touch the stuffs that I don't allow you to touch and third, don't jump on the bed. It makes an awkward squeaking sound that I really hate. Okay?"

"Sure, whatever." I glared at him before changing into what I normally wear in the apartment.

At night, Zone woke me up by shaking my bed.

"Please, please, please cook for me!" Since I was really sleepy, I will not cook for him.

"Go cook your own food. You can use whatever you want"

He ran into the kitchen happily and started cooking. By the time he came out from the kitchen, there were two bowls of noodles.

"Why are you eating two bowls of noodles?"

"No I'm not. One of them is for you." He smiled. Honestly, he is really cute. It's just that his attitude is horrible when he's in school. I was wondering if he put some poison in it or whatsoever.

"Did you put anything that might kill me inside these?"

"No way. How can you think of me like that." He frowned.

Feeling pretty guilty, I just tried it and they were delicious. I smiled at him and went back to sleep after finishing the delicious bowl of noodles.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoyed the first chapter? If yes, thank you :3 If no, I understand. :) It's okay... But.... If you guys like it please please please please vote. But I wanna hear comments too ;) Please? Thank you guys so much :)