Chapter 4 - A New Student and Cheryl's Ex

CHAPTER 4     

I had Music again today. I went into the class and immediately saw Zone. I sat beside him but didn't talk to him because Miss Lily came in. 

"I believe you guys heard about the Talent Show?" 

We all nodded in response.

"Well, you guys are going to perform together. Care to give ideas on what songs to use?" I felt pretty disappointed since Kim wouldn't be able to be in the talent show, but I believe she'll understand. 

We were in the middle of suggesting songs when the door burst open and there stood the boy with beautiful hazel eyes. I felt Zone stare at me but I ignored it. 

"Ah... Class, this is our new student, Lucas Anderson. Introduce yourself."

"Hey... I'm umm Lucas and I'm a senior." 

I smiled at him for his cuteness and he noticed me. 

"Okay, sit down Lucas. Anywhere you like."

Lucas picked the seat next to me. I was sitting in between Zone and Lucas and it felt kind of weird. 

"Hey, what's your name?" Lucas asked me. I turned my attention towards him.

"Hi! I'm Cheryl Lester and I'm a senior too. This is my friend Zone Lavender and he lives with me." 

Lucas raised his eyebrows and nodded while turning his attention back to Miss Lily. 

We picked the song The Great Escape since we already did it last time on our last lesson. Zone recommended it. He thinks that if we pick that song, we wouldn't have to practice so hard. Lucas didn't know what should he do because we already have enough members. 

"Lucas, Cheryl, you both can sing together." 

I nodded and took two microphones for both of us.

We practiced a couple of times and Miss Lily stopped us. She said that's enough for today and praised Lucas. He is a pretty good singer. Zone and I were about to walk out of the cafeteria when Lucas called my name.

"Yes?"

"You're a pretty good singer, Cheryl."

"You're a good singer yourself." Lucas laughed and I continued. "Would you like to sit with us at our table?"

"Sure." I felt Zone feeling uncomfortable about the idea but he went along with it.  

~*~ 

"Kim! This is Lucas Anderson. Lucas, this is Kimberly Hale." Lucas kindly shook Kim's hands and sat down beside Kim. I walked to get food but didn't realize that Zone was behind me.

"You're pretty kind to Lucas, you know."

"Yea, I know. Your point?"

"You shouldn't trust him that much. He seems like he has a plan."

"I don't think so, Zone. It's okay, I can take care of myself."

I waited until Zone is done and we walked to our table together. Lucas was not talking to Kim but he was on his phone. When I sat down, he stared at me. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Cheryl, I wanna ask you something."

"That is?"

"I heard that prom is coming so, would you do the honour of going to the prom with me, Lucas Anderson?"

I blushed but hid it by stuffing some fries in my mouth.

"Errr... I... Actually, one of err... Zone's friend had asked me and I said I was not sure. So, I'm gonna say the same to you, Lucas. Sorry."

He smiled at me knowingly. I felt Kim laughing silently and Zone pissed off? Why? Hmmm...

~*~ 

"Wanna go to the mall?"

"Sure! I seriously need to get a new dress to prom!"

Kim laughed and we walked out of the school. Zone was talking with Emerald outside, laughing with her, so we left him. 

I was taking out my converse when I heard Zone call my name.

"Cheryl! Cheryl! You here?!"

"What?"

"Oh phew... I couldn't find you and Kim anywhere. Why didn't you guys wait for me?"

"We didn't want to ruin your Emerald moment, so we came back first."

"You could've at least texted me. I was searching for you... guys." With that, he went into the bathroom. 

I knocked on the bathroom door and said, "Zone, you wanna come to the mall with us? Or stay at here?"

"I'll go with you guys." He opened the door wearing different clothes. I didn't wanted to question him. 

~*~

"OH GOSH! I SO WANT THIS!"

"Kim, you've said that 20 times already." Zone said. I chuckled.

"Sorry." 

I was searching through some racks and totally fell in love with a blue dress. I took it and showed it to Kim.

"Is this okay?" Kim looked at it and immediately replied me.

"YES! Now, go try it on! NOW!" She pushed me inside the fitting room and closed the door for me. 

I changed into it and it fit me perfectly. I walked out of the fitting room and Zone was sitting on the chair waiting for me.

"Does this look okay?" Zone looked up and his eyes widen. He didn't reply me.

"Zone?"

"It looks perfect on you. Seriously, buy it." 

"Ummm... Okay... Where's Kim by the way?"

"She's inside the fitting room too." When I was about to go in to my fitting room, Kim came out.

"How does this look?"

She was wearing this apple green dress and she looked beautiful.

"It looks awesome. Get it." I stated.

"Okay!" I went in to change into my jeans and shirt and walked out. I payed for our dresses and we did a little bit of shopping before I bumped into a guy. He looked awfully familiar. Then I realized who it was. A guy I had never thought I would see, ever. 

"Cheryl?"

I glared at him. "Reece."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Weedaweeeeeeeeeee :D How's thisss? Like it? I know there's a lot of boy characters but some of them will *poof!* disappear soon :P

Don't forget to COTE or VOMMENT! :D