Chapter 1

Sakura hummed as she walked with her strawberry flavored ice cream in hand.  Finishing it, she sighed in content while patting her tummy.

'That was weally yummy wight innew?'

'Hai Sakura-chan, it really was'

'I wondew if baa-chan and jii-chan would come with me next time' the pinkette though with an excited smile as she thought of  what her grandparents' reaction will be when they taste it.

Rustle

Sakura stopped dead in her tracks when she heard the noise.

Rustle

Rustle

She cautiously walked toward the bushes on her right wanting to find out what was causing the noise. Taking a small peek, the young girl gasped as she saw a man crouched on the ground clearly in pain.

He had black spiky hair that reached the middle of his back. He also wore a black shirt, some black pants, and a pair of black converse.

"U-um, awe you all wight mistew?" Sakura asked still hidden on the other side of the bushes.

The man snapped his head towards her causing Sakura to gasp.

His eyes which held pain and surprise were blood red, they had three black tomoes in them and were clearly bleeding.

"Uh, hi kid" the man suddenly said, startling the girl.

"H-hello"

The man chuckled at her shyness causing the pinkette to get a shade darker.

"Come here" he said with a smile as he gestured her to do so with his hands.

Sakura shyly walked towards him with her head ducked.

"What's your name kiddo?" he asked

"Sakuw-w-wa Ha-hawu- wuno"

The man raised an eyebrow,"Sakura Haruno?" He asked, noticing the young girl's frustration.

Sakura bobbed her head, happy that the man got her name right.

"Well, my name is Madara Uchiha, but you can call me anything you like Sakura-chan"

---

"Mada-chii!  Mada-chii! Huwwy up!" Sakura ordered as she opened the door to the Haruno's mansion.

"Hai, hai."

---

"Thewe! All done!"

Madara could only gape at his professionally bandaged torso.

The child had not only dissenfect the wound but she also took out the piece of glass stuck deep inside before she stitched him up.

She did all of this without flinching.

"How old are you Saku-chan?" He asked

"I'm five!" Sakura enthusiastically answered while raising an open hand.

Madara couldn't keep the look of surprise from his face.

"That's amazing Sakura, " he paused "Perhaps you can tell this oji-san more about yourself?"

Little Sakura pondered for a second, with a finger tapping her chin in thought.

"Ok!" With a bright smile, she introduced herself.
"My name is Sakuwa Hawuno. I'm five yeaws old. I live with my gwandma and gwandpa. My pawents awe in heaven — Tsuna-baa-chan said. I know five languages: Japanese, English, Chinese, Kowean, and Filipino. My ojii-chan taught me how to play the violin and piano just this year. And-and I love to draw. And then I want to be a doctor like my baa-chan when I grow up!"

"Grandparents, huh? Where are they then?"

"U-umm a-ano. . .I may have l-left them at the pawk"

---

Both of them played all afternoon. From hide and seek to role playing.

"Katon, Fireball no jutsu!"

"Shannaro!!!"

---

Madara laid the sleeping child on the couch in the living room. They had been playing for hours so it wasn't really a shock when he found her lying in the garden sound asleep, as they were supposedly playing hide-and-seek.

---

Ding

Dong

Ding

Dong

Tsunade and Jiraya rang the doorbell and waited for little Sakura to open the door. The troublemaker had once again disappeared from their sights in the park.

"Sakura-chan?" Jiraya worriedly called out after a few minutes of silence.

Tsunade narrowed her eyes in suspicion. Sakura NEVER locks the door, just the gate.

"Get the key Jiraya, something is wrong here" Tsunade ordered her husband who didn't waste any time, and hurriedly scrambled towards a potted plant for the key.

"Here!"

The door opened with a click as the two stealthily made their way inside.

Entering the living room, they found nothing out of the ordinary aside from the sleeping pinkette on the couch who was hugging a wooden doll close to her.

"Saku-chan. Wake up Saku" The blonde said as she gently shook Sakura awake.

"Baa-chan?" The child groggily asked as she rubbed her eyes with the back of her hand.

"Where did you get that doll Sakura?"

"Doll? What do-. . . Oh" Sakura scratched the back of her head as she wondered where she got he doll

'Innew? Whewe did I get this dolly?'

'Madara gave that to you when you were asleep'

"Mada-chii gave this to me gwandma"

"Eh? Mada-chii? Who's that?"

'Oh yeah! Whewe's Mada-chii?'  Sakura thought to herself, forgetting about Tsunade's question as she distractedly scanned the room.

"Sakura, who's Mada-chii?" The blonde asked again

"Madawa Uchiha" the pinkette absentmindedly answered still looking for the man

'He left a note for you Saku-chan. It's attached to the doll' her inner said

But just when Sakura was about to reach for the blue note, hands grabbed her shoulder and turned her around.

"Did you just say Madara Uchiha?" Tsunade seriously asked

"Hai! We played all aftewnoon!  He was wounded too! But I alweady healed him befowehand baa-chan!" Sakura informed the woman while pointing towards the table where the first aid kit was located.

Tsunade shook her head

"That's impossible Saku"

"Eh? But why?"

"That's because," a pause, "Madara Uchiha is already dead."

---

Madara's POV

I smiled sadly as I floated away from the mansion.

'I'm gonna miss that little bugger' I thought as I got nearer to the light

Thank you Sakura-chan I had a nice time with you. And please take good care of Sasori.

Sayonara.