№20|Patient Zero

Start from the beginning

“Yep! 2 months now!” Lily smiled brightly. “I swear Benedict broke down in tears when I told him.” She folded the towels before passing them to Yvette. “But enough about me. How’s everything with Alistair?”

“Great!” Yvette smiled, thinking back on her fond adventures with the hunter. “Ever since Kirkland disappeared, we’ve been better than ever! Although…”

“What?”

“He has been a little more… sexually active.” Yvette blushed madly, looking away from her friend.

Liliana smirked, giggling slyly. “I wonder why~”

“I do too, but any time I ask him he replies. ‘don't worry about the reason, just enjoy the ride’,” she sighed, holding the towel to her chest, “and what a ride it is, Lily! He’s just so… amazing!!”

“You know what I think it is~” Lily cooed.

“What?”

“Since he saw me and Benedict start working on kids, Alistair wants that with you~” Liliana smirked, poking at Yvette, “I would love to see you all pregnant.”

“A-A ba-baby?!” Yvette shrieked.

Alistair poked his head into the room. “Is something wrong, Shona?”

“N-N-No-Nothing!” Yvette stammered, shaking her head.

“Hey Alistair~ I bet Yvette would be a great mother wouldn’t she?” Liliana cooed.

Alistair fully came into the room, smiling at the omega. “I think she’d make a fantastic mother.” He walked over to Yvette, kissing her cheek.

“Yo-You thin-think so?”

“Yeah,” Alistair leaned in, “so~ you want to have my baby huh?”

Yvette’s breath hitched when she felt Alistair’s fingers traced her hips. Yvette felt his hot breath along her neck, causing her to gasp loudly. “Y-yes…” she mumbled.

“How about this,” Alistair’s fingers walked along her back, trying to unhook her bra, “we’ll start trying tonight, okay?”

Yvette nodded. Alistair looked into her eyes. “Are you sure you want this, Yvette?”

“Ye-Yes…?” She sounded slightly unsure.

“I really want children with you, Yvette but I think that’s a later plan.” Alistair kissed her nose. “You seem a little nervous now. How about in a couple of months we’ll talk about it, okay?”

Yvette smiled softly. Alistair always seemed to know when she wasn’t ready for something even without her telling him.

“Don't worry, Yvette,” he kissed her nose, “I know later in the future, we’ll have a family.”

Upstairs in the kitchen, Malakai was baking cupcakes. Vanessa sat patiently on one of the stools, swinging her legs back and forth.

Her eyes shifted towards his side, whimpering slightly as the memory of Malakai catching that fireball through the stomach flashed through her mind.