1. Today is a beauti... No shut the fuck up.

***LOUIS’ POV*** Song: Runaway by Kanye West

I woke up to the sound of my annoying alarm blaring in my ear. I pried my eyes open and realised in disappointment that I wasn’t dead. Why, why can’t I just die. It would be easier than this. Instead of just flicking the switch of the alarm clock, I sat up and pushed it off the table in frustration. I watched as it fell to the floor and the screen smashed. Well fuck. I stepped over the broken glass, and numbly made my way to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror, trying to see my old self in my reflection. I tried to pin-point the sparkle in my eyes, or the life in my hair. I sighed, undressed and turned on the water to the shower. As soon as it was hot enough, I hopped underneath and let the water wash away my worries. This was the one time where nothing mattered. No one to look at me funny, or whisper as I walk past. Just me and the water. Today was the first day of the last year of school. I was glad that school was almost over. Soon I would be free of the all the people I used to call friends. I turned off the shower when I was sure that I was ready to face the day. I grabbed a clean towel, dried myself off, and went to find a clean pair of clothes. It took me a while as my room was a mess. In fact, the whole house was a mess. I just couldn’t bring myself to clean it up. Not after.. Food. I needed food and coffee. They always made me feel better. I stomped down the stairs and into the kitchen in search of food. As I passed the oven, I glance at the clock. Shit! I was going to be late for school. I had spent more time in the shower than I thought. I grabbed a piece of toast with peanut butter, my keys and my wallet. I’ll just have to stop off at Macca’s and grab a coffee. I ran out to the car and sped off making a beeline for McDonald’s. They didn’t have the best coffee, but it was going to have to do, cause there’s no time to stop at Starbucks.

I pulled up at school after getting my coffee, and spilling half of it on my pants. Good thing they were black otherwise I would’ve had to go through school with a stain on my pants. Not really a great idea considering the amount of stares I normally get. I walked through the doors of the school just as the bell went, so I quickly made my way to my locker. I was walking so fast to my English class, that when I turned the corner I ran straight into someone, and ended up dropping not only my books, but his as well.

“Oh I am so sorry.” He apoligised.

You have nothing to be sorry about.

“It’s cool. It was my fault. Here I think these must be your books...”

My voice faded out as I looked up at the boy whose books I held. I looked at his eyes first. I always do. They were the most intriguing eyes I have ever seen. The were a deep brown with some gold flecks around the iris. They got darker as they reached the outside of the pupil, that made you get lost in his eyes. I must have been staring for too long as he coughed nervously, pulling me out of my daydream.

“Um... I kinda need to get to my class sometime today. Don’t wanna make a bad first impression.” He said with a laugh.

“Oh yeah. Sorry. I should get going. It was nice to meet you...”

“Zayn.”

“Hmm. See ya round Zayn.”

I started to walk to my class when he shouted, “Hey! You didn’t tell me your name?”

“Well Zayn, that’s the question isn’t it. Looks like you’re just going to have to find out for yourself huh?”

I turned to see his baffled expression, which then turned into a smirk. “You’re on.”

I couldn’t get those eyes out of my head. Those warm brown eyes, the ones that seemed so welcoming. Open, and full of love. I could see it. He must be taken. Of course he’s taken. Someone who looks like that couldn’t possibly be single. I found myself walking slower to class than I was before. I wandered into the English class in such a daze that for once, I didn’t see the stares or hear the mean whispers. I took my usual seat towards the back of the class, and sat there still in my day dream. I didn’t feel like paying attention to the teacher, so I rested my head on my arms, closed my eyes and thought about the beautiful boy, with the beautiful name. I was so deep in thought that I didn’t notice the person that had recently occupied the seat next to me. That is, until he spoke to me, and I could recognise that voice anywhere.