CHAPTER 2: I'm a die hard believer, bullet proof.

***LOUIS’ POV*** Song: So Cold by Ben Cocks

I don’t think I’ve ever run so fast in my life. I ran out of the cafeteria, out of the school ignoring the confused glances that I got from the students. I didn’t even hear the teacher yelling at me to stop. Tears were streaming down my face, and I didn’t even attempt to wipe them away. My sight getting blurrier with every step I took, leading me in a direction in which my destination was unknown. I somehow managed to end up in the forest that was beside the school, and just as my luck has it, I tripped over a root and fell on my face. I could feel the stinging of my cut knees, but it was dull compared to the pain in my chest. I sat up, not even caring for my whereabouts, as I let the tears cascade down my cheeks and onto my shirts. No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn’t get Zayn’s eyes out of my head. They were worried, no, they were full of pity. I don’t need his pity. I started to pull at my hair in hope that it would form some sort of release. Why am I feeling like this?

You know why. My internal voice answered.

I don’t want to feel like this. Not again.

You don’t have a choice. You are weak!

I’m not weak! I just...

Just what?!

I just don’t want to remember...

Ohh, you don’t want to remember? Sucks for you buddy.

NO!

***FLASHBACK*** THIRD PERSON POV

“Josh come back! Stop!” Louis called after his boyfriend. They were at a party and had just gotten into an argument. “I want to talk to you! Listen to me!”

“Why should I? It’s not like you ever listen to me!” Josh turned around with a snarl on his face. Rage shaking all through his body.

“I’m sorry okay? I didn’t mean those things I said! I love you Josh.” Louis looked down at his face.

Josh scoffed before he said “No you don’t. You just don’t want to admit it. Well I’m going to do it for you. We’re over Louis.”

“No, Josh you don’t mean that. Please tell me you don’t mean that!”

“I do mean that Louis. I’m sorry.”

Louis fell to his knees as he watched the love of his life get in his car. No tears fell from his face as he was in shock and felt numb. Josh wound down the window and called out before he drove away, “Goodbye Louis. I hope you find someone who you truly love.”

***END FLASHBACK***

“No, no, no. STOP IT!” I screamed out into the darkness. I can’t take this anymore. Please just get out of my head. I don’t care if anyone found me like this. I just need these thought to leave me alone. I already knew which memory was going to come next, but I still wasn’t prepared for it.

***FLASHBACK*** LOUIS’ POV

I sat on the ground for a while, still in shock of what had just happened. I finally found my way to my feet, and placed one step in front of the other until I had found my keys and into my car. Still no tears were shed. I knew exactly where I was headed, for a reason I couldn’t decide. Without even thinking of anything I just drove. I didn’t care where the road took me, I just wanted to be away.

As I was approaching an intersection, my phone started to go off. I know it was stupid to even THINK to look at it, but I did. I reached to the passenger seat to get it and as I sat up again, I realised too late that I had crossed the intersection without slowing down or looking. As clichè as it sounds, everything that followed occurred in slow motion. I tried to swerve my car as to not hit the other head on, but it was too late for that. As my car smashed into the other, the driver looked up at me with shock, sadness, and worse, realisation, that there was nothing that he could do to prevent it. I could barely register the fact that I recognised his face, before my car was sent flipping in the air, and crashing to the ground. As soon as my car hit the ground, my head hit the steering wheel and all turned to darkness.

“No! STOP! I DON’T WANT TO SEE THIS! LEAVE ME ALONE!” More memories began the flood my mind, and there was nothing I could do to stop it.

As I regained consciousness, a beeping noise filled my ears, and bright light burned my eyes. My eyes slowly adjusted to the light, and I looked around. They drifted around the room and landed on my mother, asleep on the chair beside my bed, with my 4 sisters cuddled into her. I slowly lifted my arm, and placed it on her hand, which was clutching my bed sheets, as if afraid that they would disappear. As she felt my touch, her head rose from its prior position and her eyes were tired and sleepy, until they widened in shock to see me staring back at her.

“L-Louis?” She stammered.

“Yeah mum it’s me.” My voice felt all croaky and weird so she passed a glass of water over to me. I took it, thanked her, and tried again. “Mum, where am I? What happened?”

“Well sweety, you were in an accident. You crossed through an intersection and crashed into another car...”

“Is the other person alright?” She looked up at me with sad eyes. As she tried to find the words to say, they started to pool up with tears. “Mum? Who was the other person.”

“I-It...” She took a long pause as she chocked on her words again.

“Mum? Just tell me. Tell me who it was.”

“It was J-Josh.” My world crashed down around me. “Sweety I’m so sorry.” I just shook my head at her words.

“No. No it can’t be.” I reassured myself. “YOU’RE WRONG! IT CAN’T BE HIM! THERE MUST BE A MISTAKE!” I screamed at her, and instantly regretted it as I saw her flinch away and my sisters start to wake up. I have never used that tone with them A nurse came running into the room as I started to scream again. “YOU HAVE TO LET ME SEE HIM. HE’S NOT DEAD! He’s not dead.” I broke down to sobbing as my mother and my sisters held me.

“I’m sorry Josh. I am so sorry.”

***END FLASHBACKS***

I realised as the flashbacks ended that I was curled up on the ground, hugging myself and sobbing. I don’t know how long I sat there for, or what time it was, but I couldn’t move. I could barely breathe. “I’m so sorry Josh.” I kept repeating that over and over again. Suddenly, out of nowhere, Zayn’s face popped into my head. His intense gaze, his amazing smirk, and his alluring eyes. I can’t feel this way again. I can’t. Not after Josh. His smile as Niall made a joke, and his melodic laugh that I heard from across the cafeteria. My head jerked up at the sound of a branch snapping. I quickly turned around, and my eyes met with a shocked Zayn’s.

“Louis? W-What are you doing out here?” I stayed silent as he stood there and looked me over. “What happened to you? Are you alright?” All I could do was sit there and stare, as tears were still making their way down my face.

~~~~~~~~~~AUTHORS NOTE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heyy guys so this is chapter 2! Sorry if it's a bit short, but this was really hard to write as i am going through some issues of my own... But i don't want to blabber about my life aha!

SOOO tell me what you think! Was it too confusing? DID ANYTHING MAKE ANY SENSE AT ALL?? sorry there wasn't any Zayn but i thought that it deserved to be in another chapter (as a whole school day passed). But if you want it to be in this chapter LET ME KNOW!

im kinda just making this story as i go along aha.

So yeah FAN COMMENT VOTE or whatever! :)

E. x