Chapter 4: Some alone time

Pagonn Elshires POV:

What...what is this? Where am I? Just a moment go was in a cave and now I woke up in a nice, warm bed. Looking around, I realise that this isn't my home. Is it someone elses? Or was I so drunk last night that I ordered new furniture. Hmm...no. No hangover. I'm in strangers apartment. Great, just great.

Now I realise the person sleeping next to me. It's a woman with long, brown hair, her back turned towards me. Oh no, did I do a one-night-stand? I never did that before, that's not who I am!

Slowly, I reach out to the woman and gently shake her shoulder. That's when I notice an engagement ring at my finger. What a minute, does that mean....

The woman turn around to face me and...It's Sol!

"Good morning honey. Did you sleep well?"

"I...wha...what?" I was speechles. Is this a dream or reality?

"Wake up! Wake up!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Elshire, wake up"

"W-What? I'm awake" I grab the other blaster "Are they coming?"

Sol chuckles and puts a hand on my shoulder, claming me "No, we're clear. I just wanted to ask if you could take the next watch" I take a look outside. It's dark, but the stars and and a bright full moon make for an incredible view and just enough light.

"Ahm...yes. Of course. Take some rest" I say and we change positions. Now I am closer to the waterfall and she lays behind me, but I spot the holocommunicator "Did you try to contact our fleet?"

She nods "Yes, but so far without success. Just static"

I sigh. Looks like we're stuck here for a while longer "You were quite jumpy back there. Did you have a bad dream?" Sol asks me while resting her head on her hand.

"Oh that...no. It was just...very strange. Weird even" Now that wasn't a complete lie, but now that I think about it, having someone like Sol by my side forever doesn't seem half bad.

"Uff, yeah. I know what you mean. But then again, you rarely dream anything normal or reasonable"

I think about that for a moment, before nodding "That's true. I never dreamed about peace in the galaxy"

She laughs at my joke. I have to admit, I like her laugh. It's sad that she doesn't do it more often. But the war doesn't gives many opportunities for that.

"I never knew you have such a great sense of humor" she smiles. "Stars, that smile of her"

"There's a lot of thinks you don't know about me" I tease.

"Oh? Guess I'll have to ask more about you after I catch some sleep" she says before laying back and closing her eyes.

About an hour passes, but the only sounds I hear are the water and the insects. Nothing else, not even one ship is flying over us. Maybe they gave up the search or moved on to another area. Or...the jungle is to dangerous to search at night. 

Instead of plaguing my mind with these unpleasant thoughts, I decide to use the communicator. I try several secure imperial channels but nothing works.

"No luck?" Sol ask behind me. Taking a look at my chronometer, I see that we still have quite a few hours of nightime left, as this planet has 33 standard hours.

"No. I think the rebels are jamming our communications. Nothing get's in or out"

"Which means we have to wait until our comrades find us" Sol stats in defeat.