Chapter 3: Left behind

Outer Rim, in the Orbit of Bastion

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back aboard the Overseer, Grey and Vonreg were having an argument. A very loud argument.

"Vonreg, calm down"

"No, I won't be quiet! We left them behind, Grey. We. Left. Them!" She was angry and frustrated at the same time. They had broken the most sacred rule of a soldier: Don't leave a fellow comrade behind.

And although her and Sol were very different people, she considered her to be her best friend.

Luckily, everyone else in the hangar was busy repairing starfighters or treating the wounded pilots to pay any attention to their little "conversation".

"They made their choice" Shen interrupted them suddenly "Both knew the risks. And they told us to get out of there. It was their call. If we stayed, we would have all died"

His comments seemed to make Vonreg even more angrier and she pointed a finger at him "How can you say such a thing. Especially you! You got shot down six times already, so you know what they must be going through"

But Shen was not impressed by her threatening gesture "We don't even know if they are still alive. And we need to use our current advantage. *metallic cough* The enemy high command was eliminated, now we can deal a lasting blow to republic forces, perhaps even end the war. You know they would say the same if they were here"

Vonreg raised her arms in frustration and cursed, but she knew he was right. Elshire and Sol are savvy loyalists. They always put the empire before their own needs.

"Look, I don't like it just as much as you, but just shouting around isn't helping anyone. Let's report to Captain Kerrill and talk to her about this, alright?" Grey suggested. Vonreg scoffed, but she reluctantly argeed "Fine. Then let us not waste any more time"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

On the bridge, Captain Kerrill was talking to Admiral Sloane on the holotable. Two of her lieutenants and LT-514 stood by her side.

"I take it the attack was successful?" the Admiral asked.

"Only partly I'm afraid. We lost two raiders and four cruisers before the rest of us barely escaped after the republic main fleet arrived. We did however, manage to eliminate the entire high command"

"And what about my spy?" Sloane asked. Kerrill shared a brief look with LT-514 before she told her what happened. As soon as she was finished, the members of Titan Squadron arrived. And Vonreg looked pissed. But Grey gave her a stern look, to make it clear that she was not allowed to speak without